PC Review Wizard Discussion Thread

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought it might be a good idea to get a discussion thread going on the sticky in this forum, as there are no discussions allowed in the main thread :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes good idea Ian, i wanted to add a comment in the other thread but didn't as i thought it might disqualify me.

Although some others have commented on that thread, i thought i would play it safe.

Reaction score
KGB did...but i noticed Quad was there in a flash and edited the text out... so i thought i'd just delete it and keep things neat.

Discussion thread a very good idea imo

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
hmm... these questions or much too hard for me:p

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry I was sort of away for a short while, been busy with certain important things and could not respond earlier.

Ian, I agree this should have been my responsibility, so thank you for suggesting it first. I not only expect folks here to discuss the thread but also come up with suggestion on how to improve it, so that we could have this kind of activity on a regualar basis.

I also agree the question should not be too difficult otherwise the thread gets stuck and takes a long time to finish.

I hope someone with have the answer and the ball starts rolling in the thread again. If not Chris you may answer it and post a question also.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hmm, what happens if no one knows the answer? like now?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The person who asked the question should answer it with a reference and should post another question.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Technically my answer is correct

Explanation

MS Office Alternative.....And it's free.......was first posted by muckshifter on 25/05/2002
and Chris Postill's first post in that thread was on the 30/08/2004.....by my reckoning thats 2 years 3 months after muckshifters original post........

I-Buddie 4 Desknote review.......was first posted by Ian Cunningham on 16/09/2002 and Chris Postill's first post in that thread was on the 10/02/2005......by my reckoning thats 2 years and 5 months after Ian's original post......

Looks like the Question was incorrect....
The question being 2 years and 5 months of postill not posting in that thread, should have been 2 years and 3 months of postill not posting in that thread.....a 2 month oversight on kgb 911's part..

Please adjudicate mr Quadman..........:D

Reaction score
WRONG!

The question was which thread did Chirs post in that had NO replies for 2 years and 5 months.

The one you answerd had had loads of replies. Chris was not the first to relpy 2yrs and 5 moths later.
-------------------
So, you need to read the question

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
How about you guys deciding unanimously and making the decision? Lets see what your point of view is! :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The way i read the question was that it was postill who had posted after 2 years and 5 months in that thread, it doesn't matter whether anyone else had posted or not.

Your phrasing of the Question meant the meaning could be misconstrued......

Your Question should have read....

Which thread did Postill post in after the thread hadn't recieved any new posts for 2 years and 5 months...

But again the Question was still incorrect because it was infact 2 years and 3 months....

I rest my case......:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
crazylegs,

I like the way you present the case :)

Lets carry on gentlemen :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes let's carry on chaps, tally ho and all that....what what ....mmmm.....:p

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Looks like this is a total flop and unfortunately our plans to have giveaways in our next thread may not be feasible. Should I shelve this idea.

What you all say?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Looks like this is a total flop and unfortunately our plans to have giveaways in our next thread may not be feasible. Should I shelve this idea.

What you all say?
Well, maybe if you do add a 'prize' things will improve ... you could 'trial it with a prize' and see.

:)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The winner of the contest gets one.

I will create a thread and give away a surprise gift to the winner, are you all game? Not like last time I hope?

Ask a Question