Pagerank (google)

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at google pagerank (PCR has a rank of 3 out of 10) is the page rank the amount of people (sites) that link to yours?

and if so, if i listed my site on a thousand (ok, i cannot do that :) ) sites, there would be more chance of my site comming up in a google search?

Thanks,

KGB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The best place to get it explained is from the horses mouth : http://www.google.com/technology/

PCR has a page rank of 5 or 6 / 10 on the main page, and the sub pages vary from 5 to 0/10. It is a logarithmic scale from 0 to 10 on the "popularity" of links to your site. An average page rank is 1, a good page rank is 4/5, a very good one is 6/7 and 8/9/10 are very rare. (Perhaps only 20 PR10's).

If you had lots of links from other high ranking pages, then your rank would go up. 1 PR8 link would be worth more than 1000 PR2 links.

Reaction score
thanks, i checked PCR's main page rank, and it camu up with 3.

Google - 10
Google (UK) - 9
Microsoft - 9/10 (i can't remember)

Reaction score
I am checking stuff out, i have about 100 links to my site... most of them from PCR! there is a link to every post i have made...

Reaction score
oh no, i tried it again without "http://" and it does have 5, sorry, my mistake...

Reaction score
i have read a post by Mucks, saying that if you have the google toolbar and click the smily face a thousand times it will increse your pagerank... is this true? and if so, do google store your IP address to prevent you from clicking thousand times?

Or shall i just click away?

KGB

Reaction score
it's very unlikely that clicking the smiliey has much effect on pagerank,.

one thing I think I've noticed with google PR is that new sites (e.g. a new domain) seems to get pushed high into search results, almost like a PR honeymoon period,. then after a time it will drop down the list fast if you can't get it linked up ;)

Sil

Ask a Question