outlook express error 0x800c0133

G

wnen i try to download messages from my pop3 email server i get the following error message quote
pop3, port 110, security ssl no ,error number 0x800c0133 unquote
can anybody help me
jmboden

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

For expert Outlook Express advice:

Please visit the experts in the Outlook Express newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

| wnen i try to download messages from my pop3 email server i get the following error message quote
| pop3, port 110, security ssl no ,error number 0x800c0133 unquote
| can anybody help me
| jmboden

G

I get the same error when trying to close down Outlook Express, did you get any response from your request on how to sort it out?

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is still looking for help with this error. It basically means you have too much saved email in the version of Outlook your are using. You may want to try some of the methods listed in this example: Outlook 0x800C0133 possible resolutions.

Hope this helps for people who are still getting this error. If you are getting it, I am sure you are dreading the fact you may lose 'A lot' of your saved emails. Good luck,

Bea23,

Reaction score
Just replying to the previous message, in case someone could not get the link to work. The solution suggested in the link from BluAngelEyes23 is basically to reduce the amount of messages in a very large folder. In my case it was the main Inbox folder, which due to a software conflict had redownloaded a second copy of every message from all of my accounts (about 20000 messages). Mass deletion or moving groups of messages to other folders was one suggestion. Another was folder compression. I hope this is helpful.

bucknerwh

Reaction score
The same error code I got when I was sending emails using Microsoft Outlook account. This is irritating error for me because after having this error I become unable to access Outlook files. Then I found an effective solution of Outlook error 0x800C0133 from an authentic site. This helps me a lot to get rid of error.

Ask a Question