Old Planet Micro Comments

Reaction score
www.planetmicro.co.uk

If you want a computer in a hurry don't use this Manchester based company. Their website says delivery takes 48 hours but i ordered a system on January 7th and i am still waiting. I sent two e-mails asking why it was taking so long but they failed to reply. I even asked for a read receipt on the second one but they didn't send it. I also phoned them twice and left messages for them to reply but they didn't. I eventually managed to talk to someone who assured me i would receive it by last weekend but it didn't arrive. Today i phoned again and was told they had been let down by a supplier and i will have my computer by Thursday. On the plus side they are the cheapest i can find online, and i have spent several hours looking. I will update this if and when it eventually arrives but their customer service is disgraceful.

http://www.planetmicro.co.uk

Reaction score
BAD SERVICE FROM PLANET MICRO

I PURCHASED A PC SYSTEM FROM PLANET MICRO IN NOVEMBER 2003.

ONE OF THE COMPONENTS WAS A KING COPPER COOLER, FOR THE PROCESSOR.

ON 14th JANUARY 2004 THE FAN ON THE COOLER STOPPED WORKING.

I CONTACTED PLANET MICRO AND LEFT A MESSAGE ON THEIR ANSWER MACHINE.

NO REPLY.

I HAVE NOW CONTACTED THEM BY EMAIL & TELEPHONE MANY TIMES, BUT STILL NO RESPONSE.

I SENT THEM AN EMAIL ENQUIRING ABOUT A NEW PURCHASE AND THEY PHONED ME BACK THE SAME DAY, BUT WHEN I ASKED ABOUT MY BROKEN FAN THEY SAID "CUSTOMER SERVICES WILL PHONE YOU".

That was Friday 23rd January 2004, but they have not made any contact.

I THINK OTHER BUYERS SHOULD BE MADE AWARE OF THE NON-EXISTENT BACK UP AND SUPPORT SERVICES OF `PLANET MICRO`

I am in contact with my local trading standards office, BBC Watchdog online and which magazine (consumers association) to try to ensure that Planet Micro don`t get away with such appalling business practise.

ANDY

Reaction score
Re: Planet Micro

I have been let down by plaet micro too...ordered a motherboard on monday fro after 5:30pm delivery..was contacted by "customer care" to advise i could only have saturday delivery..ok i though..sat around all day on the saturday on my only day off waiting for delivery..

by 4pm still hadnt arrived..emailed every one of there departments..no reply, left messages..asked them to include staps so i could return the m/board if it ever turned up!

finally monday got through, they advised it would be delivered free of charge..tuesday sat around from 5:30pm to 9pm..still no luck

order has now been cancelled...awaiting customer services to contact me regarding refund..i have advised them i will accept a collect call if they can bother to eventually contact me..

Reaction score

Today I tried to order an item from their website and there was a problem during the transaction. So I tried again and again but still it wouldn't register. Ok, no big deal, lots of companies have technical problems from time to time. But being slightly concerned that I have may have actually ordered 3 of the items instead of 1 I phoned planet micro to check.

The woman I spoke to put me on hold to 'check' something and after 15 mins of music and pr babble it stopped and there was silence. "Hello?" I said, "Hello?" came the reply from some man. To my amazement it turned out he was also a customer who'd been put on hold and now we'd been connected!! After briefly saying how rubbish this was I hung up and tried again. Long story short I ended up being cut off this time after being put on hold. I tried a third time and eventually got told very rudely that there was no order on the system.

Feeling quite relieved that I hadn't actually parted with any money to these incompetent people I looked elsewhere. I feel sorry for anyone who actually bought anything from them. I've orderd from ebuyer and Komplett dozens of times and will be sticking to them from now on when I can.

Reaction score

Planet Micro pass off reject goods as new and complete.
on Jan 4 2004 I received an item described as a AMD Duron 1600.
It turned out to be unmarked reject faulty 1200, a number of correspondence where unanswered.
This is a dishonest firm and to be avoided at all costs
Trev at Xtal

Reaction score

DONT YOU DARE think of ordering anything from this company. I ordered a Yamada DVX6600 which was supposed to have been delivered within 7 days. After 10 days i had the order cancelled and purchased elsewhere. Meanwhile 2 months later and after several emails i am still awaiting the refund. I have received no calls and other than an automated acknowledgement of my emails, nothing.

Reaction score

I've just written a lengthy message about my experiences with Planet Micro and for some reason it was not posted.
Suffice to say DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM! They have my money, I have no goods, and they do not respond to emails or messages left on their telephone answering machine.
AVOID PLANET MICRO!!

Reaction score
Planet Micro are rubbish!

I feel I have to have my say as well.

Ordered 3 flatscreens in December, all with 3 year on site warranty. worked fine until Tuesday (6th September).

Contacted Planet Micro for advice and to book on site warranty. Told I do not have on site warranty. Told them yes I do, they said take it up with Acer. Acer said they don't offer on-site warranty and to take it up with Planet Micro.

Planet Micro not interested and have told me the 'on-site warranty' means and I quote...'acer will send someone on site to pickup the faulty monitor'.

Absolutely rubbish if they think I am going to buy from them again they aint got a clue... No customer service and really THICK people at their office....https://www.pcreview.co.uk/retailers/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=19676#
Mad

Reaction score
are they still trading ??

there website has been down last 2 days (not tried phone)

IHateWMA

Reaction score
It seems they are under new management happend back in nov 06. Are they any better, not to sure?

Reaction score
Oh wonderful. I wish I'd read these reviews before buying a CPU from them.

on 31st August 2008 I bought an AMD Athlon CPU from them, and their website took my money quickly enough, but I've yet to receive the goods.

The website said "3 to 5 days availability", which I took to mean that it would be 3 to 5 days before they had any in stock. It's been 11 days now, and there's no sign of my CPU.

I've sent an email to them a few minutes ago, so we'll see how quickly they respond. Hopefully they'll have improved somewhat since most of these reviews were written.

I'll keep everyone updated.

:)

Ask a Question