Old PC World Comments

Reaction score
Re: PC World

Not reccomended, Hard to find stuff on there website.

However... If you are going in to there shop... It is ok, Overpriced, But OK

Reaction score
Re: PC World

Not used online, but do buy bits from shop.

Good point - Convenient, can nip in after work.
Bad point - The staff don’t really seem interested.

Reaction score
Had two experiences with the store;

the first involved buying a business laptop with their business cover plan-
the one time i needed their help with regards to a hardware fault they refused to assist me and offered no help whatsoever resolving the problem.

recently i attempted to buy a PC from the stores, i found the PC i wanted and reserved it online from a store which they had recommended-
after paying £8 congestion charge, £3 for parking and of course wasting my time to travel to the store they informed me that they dont actualy have any in stock, and would not assist me by ordering one to the branch, make one available for delivery, nor would they contact me when new stocks arrive.

i would strongly recommend to consider carefully whether you have absolutly no alternatives before purchasing a PC from this store chain.

Reaction score
murdoch said:
NotAmused your answering a thread that is 2 years old!!!

whops... reached this directly from google and wanted to share the experiences i had at the store, should have taken more time to look around the forum for the right place to do it... guess i'll repost it when i get some more time in the right place.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's ok, NotAmused, this is actually the right place for any PC World comments, it's just that there haven't been any PC World comments for some time, is all.

And you must be a glutton for punishment going back to PC World after your laptop experience with them ;)

Try Novatech, they are online (unless you want to drive to Southampton) but we get good reports about their ready made PC's.

And avoid Mesh completely.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
They are, but whats 20 miles between friends. :D

Reaction score
Knowing how badly overpriced PCworld is i have only once ventured in with the intention of buying anything and this was because my psu exploded, badly needed a new one and it was good friday so Computer Orbit(my usual) was closed that day.
What i was after was any PSU 300W or greater, i had looked up the prices on the day and in my local shops i could have bought a 450W for under 15 pounds. On finding the supplies in PC world i found thier cheapest at about 25 pounds was a piddly 230W supply, that kind of difference is just inexusable. Needless to say i just waited. Too many people use PC World because it is all they know, anybody who asks me about buying a new computer or hardware(frequently , its what i do for a living) is warned foremost NOT to buy here! Even after my charges for call out and installation the pc world price of just the part is still more!

Bottom line, ask somebody who knows where is a good place to buy in your area, or if you're comfortable with it, online.
gael

Reaction score
Look this may be difficult for some to understand, but PCWorld is a business out to make money.
And even more is that they do it very well!

Yes, they are more expensive than on-line, but if you use their 'collect in-store' scheme you pay the internet price!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
gaelphorce said:
Knowing how badly overpriced PCworld is i have only once ventured in with the intention of buying anything and this was because my psu exploded, badly needed a new one and it was good friday so Computer Orbit(my usual) was closed that day.
What i was after was any PSU 300W or greater, i had looked up the prices on the day and in my local shops i could have bought a 450W for under 15 pounds. On finding the supplies in PC world i found thier cheapest at about 25 pounds was a piddly 230W supply, that kind of difference is just inexusable. Needless to say i just waited. Too many people use PC World because it is all they know, anybody who asks me about buying a new computer or hardware(frequently , its what i do for a living) is warned foremost NOT to buy here! Even after my charges for call out and installation the pc world price of just the part is still more!

Bottom line, ask somebody who knows where is a good place to buy in your area, or if you're comfortable with it, online.
gael

I'm not defending PC World but any PSU that purports to be 450W and costs less than £15.00 will be complete and utter rubbish.

Oddly enough, PSU's from PC World are of really good quality and fairly priced, most of their PSU's are manufactured by a company named Jeantech.

The Jeantech PSU's do consistently well in independent reviews.

Now I know PC World are mostly complete ripoff merchants and their complete systems are a bit crap, but credit where credit's due, their PSU's are Ok.

There's more to a PSU than a supposed power rating and price.

Ask a Question