Old Mesh Computers Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
MESH ARE THE WORST EVER

I BOUGHT A PC FROM THIS COMPANY 2 YEARS AGO....WORST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE.
I HAVE HAD 2 YEARS OF HEARTACHE WITH THIS "TOP OF THE RANGE" PC.
THEY ADVERTISE HEAVILY IN PC MAGS BUT THEIR PC'S, AFTER SALES SERVICE, PRODUCTS AND WARRANTY.SIMPLY STINK....

I HAVE HAD THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS

2 FAULTY HARD DRIVES
1 FAULTY CD WRITER
3 FAULTY MICE
1 FAULTY HEATSINC FAN
1 LOOSE VIDEO CARD ON DELIVERY
2 SHIT QUALITY SPEAKERS SENT WITH PC (SUB STANDARD)

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE AN ONSITE WARRANTY IT AINT WORTH THE PAPER IT'S WRITTEN ON, THEY REFUSE EVERY TIME AND I HAVE TO SEND MY PC FOR REPAIR TO LONDON....PATHETIC.....

Reaction score
Mesh

As far as I am concerned Mesh have been perfect. An excellent product (Cube), 6 months interest free terms etc.

A quick and painless transaction online, well packed and delivered as promised. Two teething problems which recieved immeadiate attention, one a new driver sent and (without asking) an Engineer's visit to put in a new Power Unit - which worked fine but would not shut down properly.

When I compare Mesh to P C World where I bought a shambles years ago and local retailers who wash their hands of you as soon as possible I am delighted with Mesh.

Reaction score
Mesh Computers

I agree with Buzzwoody - Mesh have been brilliant with my order - Saurday Delivery was spot on, the PC came completely undamaged, and it's an awesome machine!

I've also had some dealings with Customer Service for very trivial matters, and they were excellent.

I think Mesh were a bit ropey a couple of years ago, but they've worked hard on their weaknesses.

Oh yes - I'm not easy to please either!

Reaction score
NEVER AGAIN!

Please save yourself a lot of heartache and do not use this company.

Goods arrived were not as listed on the order.

Computer has not worked properly since day one.

Support is rude, brisk and as useful as a choclate teapot - if you speak to 5 different 'people' you will get 5 different solutions....

Although the Spec is good for the price, the negatives outweigh this by far.

Check
www.dooyoo.co.uk
&
www.romulus2.com

for more unbiased stories, I wish I did before parting with my cash.

Reaction score
Re: Mesh Computers

DONT buy a mesh they are Junk

The customer service dept are unbelievable.

Once you pay your money you are on your own.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

Reaction score

I purchased a MESH notebook in 2002. Days after the warranty expired (!!!!) the notebook completely died on me. Dealing with MESH has been a nightmare. Thier customer services people and technicians are rude and arrogant, assuming you have no technical knowledge, regardless of who you are or how well you know your stuff. Lenk's experience (see 'My computer Nightmare') doesn't surprise me one little bit!!!
I bought my notebook on the strength of having worked on a friend's MESH PC. Both the PC and the notebook performance was excellent. Many other seemingly top of the range systems are let down by inferior quality motherboards which slows down performance whatever the advertised speed.
Nevertheless, I would never buy MESH again, which is bad news for them since we are constantly updating/replacing our systems (at present 6 desktops and 3 notebooks).

Reaction score

Mesh Computers – Warning - Poor Build – Poor Service – Learn from my mistake

I ordered a top of the range, high spec base unit from Mesh in July 04 for £1800, that’s just for the base unit. Well about 3 weeks later, the PC arrived, damaged –

First I raise the issue with them using their on-line support and receive an email to call them the following Monday (16th August 04), which I do, I am then told that a replacement PC will delivered and the old one picked up on Thursday. Well that was fairly prompt.

Thursday, comes and goes no replacement and no pickup. On Friday I call them and they say that it will follow on Monday .

Monday comes and goes, NOTHING !

Wendessday 25th August, I receive a new note from Mesh through the post that the PC is being built and that it will be delivered on the 6th of Sept 04. I send them a deadline of 8th or I want a refund as this is taking the ****. Also they have yet to collect the damaged PC.

6th Sept, goes and I receive an email saying that the PC is no longer available and that I should call them to choose something else. I

By the 9th of Sept, I am well ****ed off at having 2 months time, So I send them an email telling them that I want a refund by 16th Sept and I am not interested in an alternative. Additioanlly I tell them to collect the PC that’s still sat here.

On 14th Sept I call them up and request that they collect the PC, THEN wait for it, wait for it ! I get bull**** that no one has called to arrange collection !!! I keep cool, and don’t get into an argument and request a NEW collection date.

15th Sept 04 – FINALLY ! Amtrack pick up the dead on delivery PC.

17th Sept 04 – Send them an official letter stating that I want the refund by the 14th of October or I will take them to court.

On 20th October, I Call them up and ask wheres the refund, their staff tell me it will be with you on the 26th

On the 1st November, I call again and they say someone will call you back

On the 4th I get a call to tell me that the refund is being processed today and a cheque will be with you in a couple of days

Its now 8th Nov 04 – Nothings been received.

Meshcomputers.com – Poor Build, rubbish customer service – Avoid at ALL COSTS

Now it looks like I am going to have to waste a load of time taking them to court.

But let this be a warning to anyone considering buying from Meshcomputers.com , if things go wrong you can forget about an easy ride with regards getting your money back from this company !

Reaction score

My saga is so horrible it is almost impossible to write up in less than a 1000 words.
I would advise you never to buy from them. Even when they have agreed to a refund I am still waiting a month later. I have been through six months of hell. Half a dozen letters to Managing director, customer (non)services and credit company. A dozen phone calls. Don't bother to email them I have been told by their support that the only way to get a response is to write a letter. Most of my letters were not even replied to. They refused to send an engineer on site to see the intermittent fault - dispite the fact that I had an on-site agreement. What I laugh there is no guarantee of how long it will take to get an engineer on site and the will only agree to phone back and arrange an engineer (not get him/her) on site within five days. Pay the extra buy from Dell it is worth every penny!

Reaction score
I have read your comments and I too have had a terrible experience with Mesh, they do not even answer letters of complaint, people should be warned about the manner in which this company operates and not praised by Computer Magazines.

Reaction score
muirline said:
I have read your comments and I too have had a terrible experience with Mesh, they do not even answer letters of complaint, people should be warned about the manner in which this company operates and not praised by Computer Magazines.
Muirline your answering a thread that is 2 years old.
Why not come and look at the current mesh thread, use the link below:
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2552941.php

And welcome to PCReview.:thumb:

Reaction score
Mesh..Warning

I have had 6 months of absolute hell with this company, I would avoid them like the plague in future. The details of it would fill a book: faulty parts, unanswered emails, letters, faxes, 'repairs' that last 2 days. At present it looks like I have wasted £900 unless I can somehow get my money back.

Reaction score
this is a recent review i did on an ohter computer forum

copied pasted

i really like this place and i just thought i let you guys know as i dont want you to fall victim like i have.

i paid just under £900

the computer keeps crasing

you got a 50/50 chance of that happening

the software is bad as it cant really be used

the setting are all wrong.

i had to get a computer savy friend to help me out.

my friend spend hours sorting out the stuff

i still inconter problems

when i download save programs it works on my dads dell but not on mesh

i had to download different progames for this to work

i had to find ways to solve problems which is good in life and not un nessaery problems

called mesh up and they say it is a software problem and they wont exchange it for a new one.

guys dont fall victim like me

dont ever buy a mesh computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question