Bargain O2 Joggler for £50

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
O2 have a deal on at the moment where you can buy a "Joggler" for £50, instore and online.

It is a little touchscreen device that runs on an Intel Atom platform, very similar to the current batch of netbooks. It has a few apps on it such as a calendar (which can text you with updates), maps, weather etc... and there is now an appstore where you can download games and things like YouTube, Google maps and a few other things.

The interface is reasonable, but not as polished as something like the iPhone. Anyway, at £50 this is a stonking bargain. You can even stick Ubuntu on it if you wanted!

I'm going to set it up as a bedside clock (you can set this as a main display, and it's clear). It can also be used as a digital photoframe. The best feature is that it can connect to my network over Wifi and play all the music stored there - or you can listen to internet radio stations, all with a few touches of the screen :D.

If you like your gadgets or modding, this could be well worth picking up:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Nearly got one of these for my girlfriends dad but not being able to sync it with his outlook calendar made it pointless as that was the main criteria

I thought someone would find a way to mod it to make it more useful, will have to do some reading on this. For £50 its much more appealing especially if it is now more flexible with some tweaks :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that the modding community will get some extra features out of this hardware :D. Someone already has Google calendar functionality IIRC :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been running Ubuntu on this for a few days now, and it's a handy little thing :). I'm going to get an article up on this once I've got time (in the next couple of weeks I hope!).

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
oooh i completely forgot about this
wallbash.gif

I'll be interested in hearing how you get on with this, might persuade me to get one after all

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If I spot it on special offer again, I'll update this thread :). It's not without it's faults, but it is a very fun bit of kit if you are in to modding.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Back in stock at £50 now (until end of May) :)

There is now an easy to use Ubuntu image on this website (http://www.joggler.info/forum/index.php). You'll need a 4GB stick to get it up and running though.

I wouldn't strongly recommend one of these things unless you have an idea in store for it - such as a uPNP media station or HQ photo frame.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ok, i shall have to do a bit more research on these before i get one. Iain i may have some more questions in the next couple of days

Namely does the wifi still work and can i put a mail client on it that will sync with lotus notes??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wifi still works fine with Linux on it, but I don't know about lotus notes. I think the e-mail client that I used was called "Evolution", so it may be worth a google to see if there are any Linux/Lotus compatible ones.

Fire away with any Q's and I'll do my best :)

Ask a Question