Novatech good or bad?

Reaction score
Hi ya, i was going to go to tiny but have been warned not to, I noticed some one said that novatech are good.

i want a laptop p4 or centrino for the best price possible, any clues?

cheers Matt EJ Manchester, im loooking at getting one by the weekend.

Reaction score
Funnily enough, i have just been through that exact same ordeal with someone i know.

He wanted a Tiny computer but i explained to him that whereas it may look good on paper, the products are not good at all (e.g. 800fsb cpu using PC2700 memory, non pro 9800, 2mb cache SATA hdd, you have to pay £35 extra for even an XP recovery CD, no chance of the original!) little (or big) things like that that show how the company cut major corners in order to maximise their profit takings.

I directed him to novatech, and he liked the look of their P4 and Centrino Laptops!

Novatech are generally really quite good. They aren't a huuge company, they are quite local to me, based in Cosham down in Portsmouth. Used them on several occasions, loads quite recently for thigs like CD-DVD drives to a TFT monitor (17" black and silver 16ms response 16.7m colours £174 inc VAT and it was the best one i ever used!)

Yeah Novatech should do you good - all systems are built onsite and tested before despatch.

As they are quite small, customer service should be reasonable, not that i have had to deal with them.

Oh i did have to RMA a product, got the new one in about a week. Thats not bad

Hope that helps,
Kind Regards
Chris

Reaction score
I had a laptop given to me to use for the entire school year before i came to college, the laptop was novatech and was poor quality, although i do admit it was only 1ghz with 128meg of ram, but the laptop fell to part within a few months, which shouldn't happen with any product. I sat my exams on the exactly same laptop, as i have arthritis and essays aren't my speciality, especially when i have to hand write them.

Anyways, the day the exam was being printed for the examiners, the hdd failed, thus 'exam = gone' but luckily they did give me credit for this loss of work and i ended up getting 2 c's in english.

So as of then i don't like novatech equipment. I wouldn't use it even if someone gave it to me for free.

Chris,

Reaction score
You have to take into account though that this laptop was probably used all day, everyday and may have been treated poorly.

It goes without saying that if you look after it it should be fine, but as with any laptop if you handle it wrong then the chances are it WILL fall apart.

How old was it

Ask a Question