Windows XP Norton Internet Security 2004

Reaction score
HI, i am getting so annoyed with NIS2004!

Every 1 / 2 secconds i get a box on my screen saying someone is attacking me. this is not true, it is made up!

i close the box, telling it to always block it, and never show the warning again. 2 secconds later i get the same message.

i have got so P****d off with it, i have turned it off and let the windows firewall take over. how can i stop it?

Thanks,
KGB

Reaction score
It is now comming up with every single error imagenal ie. "Microsoft Internet Explorer is trying to access the internet, would you like to block (reccomended)?" then it will come back 1 seccond later

I am now entirely relying on windows firewall, this is urgent, so please help
thanks,

KGB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Silly question, but does a restart fix it?

Reaction score
Ill try that, only thing is, my PC don't restart well!

i never turn it off, i only put it in standby

when you restart, it takes a long time, sometimes does not work, and most time some of the icons in the task bar don't load.

KGB

PS. in internet explorer, i have 3 windows open, i am uing #1, i click something, then move to #2, then #1 pops back up when the page has finnished loading, do you know how to stop it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
PS. in internet explorer, i have 3 windows open, i am uing #1, i click something, then move to #2, then #1 pops back up when the page has finnished loading, do you know how to stop it?
No idea, my PC use to do this too - annoyed me alot! Stopped doing it now, quite possible something that AdAware removed!

Reaction score
No, i don't think so....

i think it is a windows thing, it has been told to bring up the browser when the page has finnished loading.

I am reinstalling NIS2004

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i had exactly the same thing every 2 seconds you get it saying something is acessing the net blah blah blah, sorted it by going

intrusion detection - configure (on the right) - uncheck notify me when intrusion detection blocks a connection

if that doesn't work i'll see what other settings i have

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, im still in the process of reinstalling...

it takes so long - preinstall virus scanner ect.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Funnily enough I have the same problems intermittently!!

There are days when I get messages all the time and then other days when there's nothing. It seems to happen mainly after hubby or kids have downloaded some music. When I first got eh PC it drove me absolutely insane but it does seem t have settled down after about 4/5 months!!

The other big gripe I have is that when I run my scan it identifies about 8/10 files which it recommends should be deleted (mainly adware) but I cannot for the life of me delete them, so every week it comes up with the same list.

Kind regards

Gabriella x

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
From what I have gatherd from other forums, NIS2004/5 etc, are not really any good for what causes most damage these days, that is Trogan Horses and the like.
I have NIS2005, and it too, in the 10 days it has been running, has been a pain in the arse!
I plan to uninstall and try out Kaspersky antiVirus, due to quite a few recomendations.
Can anyone here give me any more info on this product, or should this be a new thread?

Reaction score
NIS2004 OK, here are the bad things:

It will bock pop ups of every kind, even if you want them, as in you are on a page, you click a link that should open in a new window, nothing happenes!

It will ask you sereval times a day whether you want programs to access the internst

it will block of everything, so the shared docs folder is unaccessible

Apart fram thet it is OK

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
NIS2005=pain in the ass!
Doesn't like some of my Word Docs now!
I try and uninstall, and I just get is "The installation is missing the file instopts.dat. Setup will now exit"
I can't now get rid.
Any clues?

Ask a Question