Nokia 6610i is it any good

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new mobile (payg) saw this Nokia 6610i and liked the look and feel of this phone it has good battery life (up to 19 days standby) also has camera and fm radio as well as a hands free speakerphone so is looking a good buy at the mo...

Anyone own one of these or had one that can give me a rundown on how reliable the phone was etc.....

Would be much appreciated...:D

Reaction score
i used to have one

the camera is really crap, and the screen qualty is below average
no mp3 player
no memory card slot space!
the phone itself looks very nice
its basic
there is no bluetooth

i got it on an upgrade but sent it back quickly as it just wasnt good enough, not enough features for my liking!

stay away if u can get yourself the nokia 6230i
thats the next model up its much much better i have a 6230 its brilliant

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Most of the phones have less than satisfactory camera's, its just a gimmick thrown in by makers due to competition. The most important things to look for is obviously the reception, build quality, quality of screen (especially if it is visible in direct sunlight), and some other features which you fancy. Not all the phones in the market are having high quality screens.

My own preference was to go for a phone which gives me good reception, and large screen with perfect visibility in direct sunlight so I choose the Siemens CX65, even though it is missing some of the features that younger crowd likes it is a great phone for my needs. I am certainly not suggesting that you go for one but just letting you know about priorities. My son has the Motorola E398 which is also another good phones and has even more features than the CX65. He is very happy with it.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sorry Guys

I should have said a camera on the phone is not important to me, if i want to take pictures i'm sure my dedicated cam can do a far better job, as i know phone cams are just gimmicks...

Not interested in Mp3 player..
Or Bluetooth, or a memory slot..

Just a reliable phone with good standby time and small and light with good build quality..

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Sorry Guys

I should have said a camera on the phone is not important to me, if i want to take pictures i'm sure my dedicated cam can do a far better job, as i know phone cams are just gimmicks...

Not interested in Mp3 player..
Or Bluetooth, or a memory slot..

Just a reliable phone with good standby time and small and light with good build quality..

i do beleive its features are well under the legal limit lol!!!!
well if u want no features then this is definetly the correct phone for your needs
go for it!

its sound and reliable for sure!:)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Even the Siemens CX65 fits the bill perfectly, maybe you should compare them both side by side and see which one you prefer.Here is a good site which does that for you. Maybe you can pick some other model as well.

GSM Arena

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks for that Quad that site is very informative toss up now between two phones both Nokia's...oooh i hate decisions....

My last phone i bought back in feb 2000 and it's still going strong except for the battery only holds a charge for 2 days, so that is my reason for buying another mobile, so this one has to be bullet proof..now you can see why i'm taking my time over this one...

I don't need all those extra useless add-ons, i just wanna talk thats all..i know it's nice having all those extra goodies but i just wouldn't use em..;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
6610i is a pretty good phone if your only using it as a phone, but for a little more dough you could get a 6230 as PSD said. Probably one of the best phones out, only shadowed by the Sony K900i I think.

Reaction score
You wont get 19 days standby out of the box - the Li (Ion or Poly whatever it is...) needs to be cycled... It will take 6 months or so to get to it's full potential...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
It will take 6 months or so to get to it's full potential...

I am afraid that is incorrect information.

For those who need to know more about batteries I suggest you take a look here

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just thought i would let you know what i did go for it was a Nokia 3120, loads of good reviews on this phone and most outlets are selling this for £59.99

I got it for £34.99 with free delivery from the orange shop, now that i call a bargain and i can get it unlocked for £8.00 from my local moby shop so i can use an O2 sim and get those 300 free texts every month...:D

They are even selling on ebay for 49.99 plus £8.00 quid delivery so if your after a bargain then i suggest the orange website where they have this deal at the moment, can't say how much longer they will be running it though so get in there...;)

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_3120/detail/pay_as_you_go

Last edited:

Ask a Question