nintendo ds

Reaction score
does anybody have a ds??

it looks pretty bad compared to the psp, but does anybody know how the ds plays? and is the touchscreen any good?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I bought one on the day of release with Super Mario. Its a pretty nifty piece of kit, the touch screen is perfect and it feels good in your hands. The way they have utilised the dual screen is impressive too, and its not sluggish in anyway, it shifts those polygons like no ones business ;). It has a built in rechargable battery which saves you alot of money in the long run. Also it has blue tooth built in so you can play against friends within a certain distance (say from 60-100 meters in the book). And there is Internet capabilitys for it, with a few online games comming out soon, which sounds interesting to say the least.

On the downside though, theres not many games out for it so far, that why I only bought Mario with it!

I think the PSP will be alot better, it has better graphics and much better game maker support, with around 30 titles on release! But im alittle warey of the battery life because of the PSP's big vibrant screen. And its going to cost £200, where as the DS is only (well i say only in a loose way) £100.

I think if you have the money for both you should definatly get the DS, and if you only have enough for one, I would go for the PSP without a doubt.

Reaction score
thanks for that.

the ds there is an online chat thing. have you been on that yet if so is it any good? it looks good on websites.

do you know the release date of the psp?

Reaction score
I wnana get the PSP ! :) hehe

Looks WAYYYY better :p

lol How much did you pay for you DS Reef m8 ?!

:)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I like my DS, i think the touch screen idea was good... especially for Metroid. but i belive the PSP will dominate over it (hate saying that since im a nintendo geek!) but the DS isnt even the official successor to the GBA.... in fact it is just a way to get games out in the memory card form for nintendos next handheld!! i think it was to be called the "Game Man" or something like that. supposed to come out in a few years. wonder what that'll be like...

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
The DS is £100 for the console on its own, then the games are £30 a pop!

The PSP is due for release on the 29th April. And will be priced at £200 with the games ranging from £30 to £40 each.

I havent tried that chat thing with the DS yet, everytime ive been on it no one else has been on! I'm such a loner :p.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Really? the DS here in the states is about $150 (78 pounds) and games are $30 (15 pounds)!!! why is it so expensive there?!

Ask a Question