Newbie tech Guide page

Reaction score
Here's another suggestion for additional site features:

It always strikes me that many pc technical sites assume a certain level of knowledge among members/users. But I reckon it would be nice to see at least one site which included a newbs guide to the world of DIY pc assembly, probably covering terms relating to gaming and modding.

It could be a simple glossary or A-Z of key terms and concepts...a short paragraph explaining the absolute essentials. For example, this would be the first point of call for anyone who wants to know what RAM is, what are the different types, and how to choose the right kind...what exactly is front-side bus? and what is antialiasing? Perhaps there could be links to the review categories, so antialiasing would be linked to graphics cards, etc.

Members could be invited to submit their own simple explanation of these technical terms, the best being used in the 'Newbie guide' and credited to the author. (Perhaps a maximum of 100 words per explanation?). Members could always suggest amendments or additions, so the resource would constantly be updated and expanding to create a really cool quick one-stop shop for crib notes.

By the way, this is my second idea for the site and if any of them should be fully realised, then i ask nothing but some simple acknowledgement...or money...or a date with Kylie Minogue...or...ok...just an acknowledgment then.

:bow:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You are just full of good ideas aren't you ;) Don't worry, you'll get acknowledgement 8)

All of what you mentioned sounds excellent, and I have been meaning to do the DIY assembly for a while!

Good Stuff!!!

Reaction score
:D ...and all this when I'm still only a junior member...just wait until i get older!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
...and all this when I'm still only a junior member... just wait until I get older!

... its not unusual, around here, for someone so "young" to get a personal "title". :D

Reaction score
...''from dreams to reality''? LOL...who came up with that one?

Here's hoping the dreams are realised!;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I did...

... there was a BBC program, not to long ago, about building "The Future Home" … well the company that was featured were called 1nteger and they had some real neat ideas … so do you ...

We can change it if you don’t like it.

Ask a Question