New Website

Reaction score
Hi,

Im about to register my domain name (with reg123.co.uk or whatever they are called) and get some hosting from a friend. I was just wondering, how much space do you think i would need for my site?

Basically, im going to have quite a basic site for when im away travelling, just updates on what im up to etc. But i also want to put a lot of my photos on it etc. Ive just got a new digital camera and im taking pictures on the highest detail setting and each photo takes about 1Mb. Does this mean if i get 100Mb of webspace i will be able to put about 100 pics on it? That might be a really stupid question and have you all laughing, but im just wondering how it works. Anyway, thats really all i wanted to know to be honest. Well, for now!! :)

Thanks one and all.

Reaction score
Hmmm, who is Chris Imrie and how can he do free hosting?

Also, still would like someones opinion on how much space i will need.

Cheers for the info though KGB. Much appreciated.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hmmm, who is Chris Imrie and how can he do free hosting?

Also, still would like someones opinion on how much space i will need.

Cheers for the info though KGB. Much appreciated.

A proper designed site should fit on a Floppy Disk ... need to add bells, then look for at least 5meg.

;)

Reaction score
I am Chris Imrie :)

I am offering a few 100meg accounts i think it is, my memory these days, doesn't work after 11PM.

Yeah if you rumage in the Webmaster section (this bit) you'll find my post for a free 10acct giveaway.

Chris.

Reaction score
Cheers boys, i'll have a look around. I understand that a site wont take up much space etc. But how does it work for photos? If i put on 50 photos and the photos are 1Mb each, does that not mean i need 50Mb of space? Im i being a spaz?!! ;-)

Reaction score
Hey,

Say you had 100mb webspace,

And then you uploaded 50mb of photos, that would mean you have 50mb left etc.

If you want to just upload photos and you'd want 50 at 1mb each, then i would expect you would only need a 50mb account, but i would leave room for expansion, so if you knew you were going to put more up in the future then i would recommend you get a bugger package with room to expand.

What domain you getting bodhi?

HTH

Chris

Reaction score
Im going travelling so will be putting loads of photos up probably. I might have to take my digital cam off the highest setting so that the photos are only about 400-600k.

Im gonna get my name with probably a .co.uk extension.

Reaction score
you want www.bodhi.co.uk ?

Edit: It's taken

Domain Name:
bodhi.co.uk

Registrant:
Paul Evans

Registrant's Address:
Dunns
blablablabla EDITED
blablablabla EDITED
blablablabla EDITED
EX17 4JE
GB

Registrant's Agent:
UK2 Limited [Tag = UK2NET]
URL: http://uk2.net/

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 04-Jan-2000
Renewal Date: 04-Jan-2006
Last updated: 19-Jan-2004

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nah, i didnt want bodhi anyway, im gonna use my proper name, cheers for checking that out though. My real name is available, i had a look. So i will get that, get some space and start creating the magic!! :) Well, until i run out of space!! haha.

Ask a Question