New Rig

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Just bought few hardware (for setting up a new rig for myself) for my office machine.

Western Digital 120 GB (8mb cache) Hard Drive
Plextor 48x24x48x External CD Writer
Intel Processor 2.53Ghz
Intel Motherboard D845PESV
Kinston DDR 333 Ram
Microsoft Optical mouse
Denco D819 case

Some more stuff on its way including the LCD and the Matrox VGA card.

In about a weeks time I will know how all works.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Got it up and running now? :brow:

I've been looking at getting that hard drive, is it quick? I'm on a 5400rpm 60Gig with 2 Meg cache at the moment, but its running low on space now!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ian Cunningham
Got it up and running now? :brow:

I've been looking at getting that hard drive, is it quick? I'm on a 5400rpm 60Gig with 2 Meg cache at the moment, but its running low on space now!

Yes the system is up and running 8)

The best piece of hardware that I really fancy is the Plextor 48/24/48 External Drive, it is just awsome in performance.

As for the Hard Drive, it is blazing fast and dead silent, I guess these are the two attributes that most folks are concerned about. You should consider getting one! ;)

Unfortunately the VGA card is still not delivered and I am using the system with a standby card provided temporarily by my vendor which is an Asus V7100 Pro, nothing to write home about so to say. When I get the Matrox I will know what the LCD quality is really like. As it is the Philips LCD monitor ( medel P3C) is COOL.

The intel board (845PESV) leaves much to be desired, nothing to really tweak in there, Asus boards are far better in that sense.

Let me know if you need any specific information about the system.

Reaction score
...on the WD HDD...I've had a WD 7200 rpm 80Gb SE 'Caviar' with 8Mb cache, and after experiencing the speed and low noise level, i will definitely stick to these drives until something better emerges. Maxtor have jumped on the bandwagon with 8Mb cache, but i haven't heard if they compare well.

Reaction score
hey quadophile u have pcmark2002? if so what are your scores on that thing

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
No I do not have the software downloaded.

The new rig is actually used in the office so it really will not serve any purpose for me to tweak it to death, no games, no multimedia as such. I have installed basic office applications and AutoCad. Not much in terms of entertainment.

Ask a Question