Windows XP New Motherboard Query

Reaction score
hi there as a regular purchaser of pc equipment.it is claer to say the motherboard is the ultimate peice of hardware to buy

now it is this that brings me to ask you on a personal level what makes u decide on your choice of motherboard???

im looking for a REALLY good motherboard that will allow for FUTURE expansions.. so please let me know which motherboard everyone thinks is a good one.. what do u lot think of multi processor motherboards?
has ne1 got one??

please if u r READING this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a reply.....
or email me please feel free

thank you all the best

Reaction score
Hi,
It would be helpful if you could say what you want to use your computer for...dual processors are probably not necessary.

Reaction score
well the main use is to really have my 7.1 sound system set up to listen to mp3's! and to also play some latest fast games.......
surely u do not base a motherboard on this question???

i need some FAST CPU just to feel good im sure you know how it is!!!!!!

let me know please
all the best

Reaction score
Originally posted by psd99
well the main use is to really have my 7.1 sound system set up to listen to mp3's! and to also play some latest fast games.......
surely u do not base a motherboard on this question???

i need some FAST CPU just to feel good im sure you know how it is!!!!!!

let me know please
all the best

LOL...the motherboard makes everything work in sync. It also determines what kind of graphics card you can add, and what amount of RAM...etc etc...so I would definitely look at what you want to use your computer for now and in the future before chosing a mobo. However, the reason i asked about what you want to use your computer for was to understand why you needed a dual-CPU system.

I don't think you need a dual processor for what you have in mind. So, let's assume you want a very fast PC and you don't care about the cost. Currrently, the fastest CPUs are Intel Pentiums, but you can probably get a bigger 'bang for your buck' from an AMD Athlon.

Look into these first and decide which you want, so then you will have narrowed your choice of motherboard down to either Pentium or Athlon (Socket A).

Then come back and we can advise on specific models of mobo for your choice of processor.

Reaction score
Hi,
Im looking for a new Mobo and CPU, And well i need some advice whats best to buy,
Here are my requirements:
I'm looking for an AMD cpu capable of running the latest games today as well as maybe ones in months/years to come.
Id like a CPU around the 2.0Ghz area for around the price of £100-120 max.
My system specs
Graphics: Verto Geforce4 Ti4200 64mb ddr
RAM:756mb composed of 2 chips 1 256mb and 1 512mb
ISDN modem
Support for ALS4500 soundcard or onboard sound
A Gigabyte 7IXEH motherboard with an AMD Duron 1.0ghz processor is my current mobo and CPU.

So far ive been apetised by the
Abit NF7S NFORCE2 Socket A 266FSB DDR400 8xAGP Serial ATA ATX Motherboard 6 Channel Audio mobo with an AMD Athlon Xp 2800 cpu

Thx in advance for the replies

Ask a Question