Network won't recognise Modem

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This one's driving me nuts.

My network won't recognise my external ADSL Ethernet Modem.

Basic setup:

3 computers, Asrock Board; Abit KR7A-R and a new MSIK7N2 Delta-ILSR.

Belkin 5 port switch/hub.

Zoom ADSL external Ethernet modem.

All three computers hardwired via CAT 5 cable to switch, network sets up fine.

Modem connected with cossover CAT 5 cable to one port on Belkin switch.

Install software for modem setup onto Abit board.

Type in address for modem (10.0.0.2) into IE6, it can't see it. Ditto from the other two computers. The switch LED lights up indicating the modem is connected.

If I connect the modem directly to the Abit board via a normal CAT 5 cable, it's recognised, I can set up my ISP user name and password and here I am, using it.

This is the setup I have used since March, hasn't been a glitch until now. The only thing different is the introduction of the new MSI motherboard.

This is the first Nvidia chipset based board I've used, it has on board LAN, which I'm using.

The thing that's puzzling me is I seem to have two networks present on the MSI board, one running at 100 bps and the other at 400 bps. And it says it's using a Network Bridge. What's that?

Could this be affecting my Network's ability to see the Modem?

I've tried 101 different configurations, have tried a new crossover CAT5 cable just in case, but I just can't figure this one out.

Any help/advice greatly apreciated.

Ask a Question