Windows XP Network problem

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I can't access one drive on one machine from others.

4 machines, everything else can be accessed every which way. File sharing and printer sharing enabled across the board.

Machine in question has 2 x 120's in a RAID 0 and 1 x 120 for storage. It's the storage drive, Drive F, I can't access.

I did turn sharing off on this one for a while, problem came when I re-enabled sharing.

Have run Network Wizard on all machines, to no avail.

Win XP on 3, Win 98/Mandrake 10.1 on the other one.

Part of the error message I receive says 'There is not enough server storage to process this command'.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i take it you've tried rebooting, try disabling then re-enabling sharing

whats the ram and the virtual memory usage like?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I found the solution Here.

I had to create a registry entry, tried value 15, it didn't work, made value 18 and I can access that drive now :)

By way of interest, I'm not using Nortons or IBM AV, using the recently released new version of Grisoft AVG on that machine. All the others use AntiVir.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I found the solution Here.

I had to create a registry entry, tried value 15, it didn't work, made value 18 and I can access that drive now :)

By way of interest, I'm not using Nortons or IBM AV, using the recently released new version of Grisoft AVG on that machine. All the others use AntiVir.
Strange ... even more strange is the 'fix' considering the IRPStackSize value does not exist in XP. :confused:

Aint computers fun ... :D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Strange ... even more strange is the 'fix' considering the IRPStackSize value does not exist in XP. :confused:

Aint computers fun ... :D
IRPStackSize does not exist buy default on any machine. When not explicitly in the registry it is suppose to be 15 hex.

Reaction score
baddog_swm said:
IRPStackSize does not exist buy default on any machine. When not explicitly in the registry it is suppose to be 15 hex.
The post you have replied to is over 3 years old!

Ask a Question