Windows XP Nero installation troubles

Reaction score
to cut a long story short
i had nero installed on one harddrive and then my windows xp failed it didnt work. so i decided to stick this hraddrive on as a slave in my other computer. i think i used nero from this slave harddrive once or twice.

now i removed that slave harrdrive and just got on primary master.i want to install nero but everytime the cd setup starts nero tells me to remove the older version.

i looked on add remove programmes. it isnt there i searched the registry and for some weird reason there are some nero files!!

how do i install nero?

has anyone come across the same problem? please help

i need to install nero to burn bin files for cds!!!

thanks
:spin:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Your registry is pointing to the program which is not there. Have you tried Easy Clean for removing invalid registry entries?

If not you can clean up your registry and try to install Nero again.

Try this link

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99:

I was tempted to reply wtf are you on about? But I better not :D

How do you install Nero? Um, bung the CD in, wait for the prompt, if that doesn't come up, double click the exe file. That usually works.

If it's a download, double click on the exe file (the one marked 'setup' usually) then follow prompts. Then enter your serial number when asked for.

I mean, what, exactly, is the problem?

If you've had Nero installed previously, it will leave detritus behind in the registry. A fresh install will usually overwrite those entries and if not it probably means they're harmless anyway.

Use that tool Quad has recommended, clean out your registry, then try another install.

In which format is your copy of Nero? And which version? Is it a freebie version that came with an optical drive? If so, and you've removed that drive, I've known of instances where the version of Nero that came with the drive will refuse to load as it can't see the drive it came with.

Understand? Nope, nor do I sometimes, hehe :D

Need more info really mate.

Ask a Question