Need help: The 11th Hour (Dos Game)

Reaction score
I'm a collector of old games. This one has special value to me since it was released on the same day as my birthday (released in 1995).
Problem is I'm running a XP Pro OS on a pentium system. I've managed to manupilate the bat and cfg files and got it installed, but once it's launched, it's loads up until a certain point and then boms out back to windows. I've tried everything, but it seems I'll need a well written patch or expert advice. Can any1 help?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you tried hitting F8 on boot, selecting command line and running it from there in DOS mode?

Not sure if that would work, but worth a try.

If you like old games, best thing is to have a dual install of Win 98 & XP, but that's a lot of messing about, it's probably best to format drive, install Win 98 first, then add XP to a seperate partition or drive.

Win 98 can be installed without formatting, using Partition Magic 8, but it's a fairly complicated process.

Reaction score
Thanks Bootman

Interesting nick. Yes, I had that option in mind (dual versions of win 98+xp) but was hoping there was something else I could try to save me the trouble. I'm not gonna do this because I use my machine for webdevelopment and can risk anything. I'd rather buy myself an 2nd hand P1 machine for this and to use as a linux platform for my development.

Thanks anyway and if you perhaps learn about a patch or something, lemmie know.

Vonn

Reaction score
I installed the 11th hour for a friend a few months back.

Try this because i'm sure it will work for you.

1) Uninstall everything you've put on already

2) Browse the CD and right click the setup file (Go to compatibilty and make the compatibility for Windows 95)

3) Double click setup and install it as per usual

Then go to run the game and i'm SURE it will work. If it doesn't then lemme know and i'l find out exactly what I used to run it.

As far as I can remember if you change the programs .exe for windows 95 compatibilty mode it doesn't work. But the Setup file had to be changed.

Lemme know anyway bud....but IT IS possible.

Ask a Question