Need advice on new pc build £250-300 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello im new here and was basicly just looking for some advice on my new pc build..

I currently have a amd dual core with 4gb ram and nvidia 9600 GT OC graphics card

i wont bore you with the details

Basicly i have a budget of £250 - £300 im looking to get a Quad core Amd processor a new motherboard that will support it a new harddrive atleast 500gb + and a new power supply to keep it running..

i wont be needing a graphics card as i have one that is still good enough for most modern games i will need new ram i know that much as i will be stepping into the world of DDR3

I have priced the parts i think will be good enough and they come out at just over £320 i will include a picture of the parts in basket that i chose

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5384/12201896.jpg

I will be using the computer to play World of Warcraft - Grand theft auto 4 - Call of duty 4-5-6(when it comes out) Batman arkham asylum ect

i just wanted a bit of advice of maybe sites that i can get the parts cheaper or get similar parts more cheaper and obviously parts that will work together

Sorry if i havent worded any of this propperly and bad grammar its late and im tired lol

thank you in advance

Chris

I can give links to items in the picture above if needed just wanted to get it on here quick as possible as i need help really soon :p thank you again

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All looks good to me.

If you're using the 9600GT it's going to struggle with Batman Arkham Asylum.

Reaction score
well i have already played and completed batman on full settings and it didnt run to bad im going to probly upgrade my graphics card soon but at the moment the worst part of my computer is the processor as its constantly on 100% usage in most games. i have looked on another site called Scan computers and put together this bundle which is similar but slightly cheaper and what i think is a better power supply.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8964/pc2vu.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good to hear Batman ran ok on that card, I'm surprised though.

Your first choice of PSU was better, the second choice not so good.

Consider Corsair & Seasonic, they're good but may take you over budget.

Both Scan and E-Buyer are good online suppliers, I've used both many times.

E-Buyer offer far better support than Scan though should things go pear-shaped.

Reaction score
So if i was going to buy everything ive listed it would all be ok? and you would recommend ebuyer?

The parts i have inside the computer now were from overclockers i have used ebuyer alot tho i dont wish to use overclockers again because they are getting more expensive and also the original motherboard and power supply i had died and the said they couldnt help me :(

Reaction score
also seeing as money is tight (the money i have is early christmas money) do you think it would be wise to buy the parts from scan that are cheaper than ebuyer and part(s) that is/are cheaper than ebuyer from scan?

Reaction score
Ok so i done a bit more research and im thinking of getting a

AMD Phenom II X4 940 instead as it is am2+ and wont require me to spend as much money buying a new mobo and ram the processor itself is more expensive but that makes up for the price of the other components

What would be a good motherboard and power supply to pair this with ? i wont be needing to buy ram now as i can put my existing 4gb with this.

Reaction score
ive been talking to someone at another forum (wont mention any names for obvious reasons) And he gave me a recommendation at some parts and it seems really quite good

I need to change my power supply as the fan is making some kinda grinding noise and im going to need to change my mobo as it is such a bad model and its just terrible so ive come up with this one now and i think this will be what im going to stick with

It works out around £10 cheaper if i get the parts from ebuyer instead but this is what im getting http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8653/pc4.jpg because it seems i can actualy use my existing ddr 2 ram in the motherboard so its right up my street

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good choices Bertie :thumb: Although changing to a DDR3 memory based system is preferred, with your budget I think you've made the best choices. And you very likely won't notice any difference between what you're going to use and what you originally intended to buy.

And you can mention other forums here, lol, I'd wager a guess it was either Hexus or Overclockers. I've been a member of Hexus Forums for over five years now, maybe longer, and because of that get free postage at Scan. But haven't posted there for several months now.

Let us know how you get on with your new system :)

Reaction score
=] it was pchelpforum some good support over there.

Cant wait to get the parts here and get it working and destroy games :p

im going to upgrade my graphics card and the ram eventualy when i got the money ofcourse :)

Ill let you know how the build went and how well it runs when i get everything :)

Reaction score
Hey again i have managed to get hold of atleast another £100 - £120 ish so im gonna get a new graphics card any suggestions ? wana be able to play batman better than the 9600 GT OC and also other new games :)

Reaction score
heya :) posting from my new system and man what a system it is runs like a dream the onboard graphics is a bit crappy wont play games :[ getting my graphics card on wednesday i hope :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
groovy man

congrats ... :thumb:

enjoy!!

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The 4870 will be slightly better than the 260. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed it is better, only a little mind.

First ones grand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question