My USB pen drive is not recognized for my PC

Reaction score
I have one 128 mb usb minidrive, it was working very well until I connected it in a bad usb port, after that when I connect my drive in a usb port that is working properly I got a message that my drive isn't recognized because it is probably malfunctioning.Do you know what I can do? Someone said me that probably an electric current, for the bad usb port, erased the memory of the drive, is it possible? and if it is, how can it be fixed? I appreciate your help.

:(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds like it may be broken :(

Do you get a "hardware recognised" icon in the corner of the screen when you insert the pen drive?

Reaction score
When I connect my usb pen drive I get an the right corner of the task bar a "found new hardware" then one "your new hardware has been installed and ready to use" and some seconds after that I get one "USB device not recognized. One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognized it"......:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm... Can you go to "My Computer" and see if a drive actually appears but is not necessarily accessible?

If so, try right clicking on the USB Pen Drive and try to "format" the device.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like you have a broken pen drive I'm afraid :(

The only other thing I can think of is to try it in another PC and see what happens!

Reaction score
I already tryied in others PC and it happens the same, may be you are right and my pen drive is broken. Anyway, thank you for your time trying to help me.

hgasval

Ask a Question