My Letter Got Published!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats Eric :)

Do you have the first part of the article anywhere, cos I'd be interested to see it! I can piece it together though, as I guess it was based on the after math of last month.

I got a letter published once, the only time I have ever written in anywhere... I was about 12 at the time though :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice one Eric. Nuclear power eh? I favour Greenpeace but oddly enough am not anti Nuclear Power. If the whole system is examined and understood, it's actually a relatively safe and cheap source of power.

The danger comes with under-funding and cutting back on safety procedures, which is probably why Chernobyl happened. Disposal of depleted fuel is also a problem but safe if carried out correctly.

I've worked in Nuclear Power Stations, quite often at Dungeness on the UK South Coast, X-Raying welds in pipes for safety.

There are a helluva lot of safety procedures in place.

On the letter side, I had a letter published in The New Musical Express once. And also wrote quite a few editorials when I worked for a local newspaper for three years. But that was a long time ago.

Ask a Question