My fan seems to be moving faster then it did

Reaction score
Just yesterday my fan that points toward my motherboard seemed to get real loud.I opened it up and only noticed a little dust which i cleaned out.I hooked the computer back up and it is still doing the same thing.It seems to me like the fan is spinning a lot faster then it did.It's like it has a lot more power going to it.Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a 1.8 dell.

Reaction score
Is it plugged into the motherboard (ie not a Molex), if it is are there any options in the BIOS for fan speed control.

If it's plugged into a Molex, it's probably just wear-and-tear, you can get a new one for very cheap now, you may want to go for a "silent" or "quiet" model if the sound is bugging you.

Reaction score
"press ??? to enter setup"

when you see this on boot up press the relevant key and that'll take you into the BIOS!

i would go with the fan being faulty. replace it.

Reaction score
Well i went into my bios settings but there is no option that i could find that controls fan speed.Maybe i just didn't look in the right area.So i guess it's off to the store soon to buy a new fan.Thanks for all the info it helped me out greatly.

Ask a Question