Windows XP MSN Unreliable?

Reaction score
MSN messenger's out again :mad:

It is getting annoying, i am always having problems with it, there site is desplaying some kind of error

messenger.msn.com said:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web></configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web></configuration>[/font]
KGB

Reaction score
I began noticing it playing up at 12am 8th Feb,

21 Hours ago it all began cutting people off etc...

I am going to change to something different, looking to see whats available now, AIM, YAHOO, ICQ etc.

Chris,

Reaction score
It's letting me login freely now,

e.g. login,logout,login, logout and seems to work fine here atm.

Chris,

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
MSN?

You may as well just lay down in the fast lane...

Excuse me, I'd really like a virus/adware/spyware/something intrinsically foul on my hard drive please :)

Any ideas?

What's that you say?

Use MSN?

OK, cheers mate, I'm joining up right now....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Seems alright now, windows update just doing the business ;).
OK, FWIW, my daughter's been complaining she can't connect today.

If you run XP, 6 or 7 critical updates ready to install right now.....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Phew, I thought it was just me having MSN Problems :)

Reaction score
MSN STILL isn't working for me !!! Grrr !!! This is the second time now MSN has conked out in less then 2 months i think ?!

Anywayz !!! Still shouldn't the amount of times they do maintance service on it. There is obviously some kind of problem and if they don't wort it out soon !!! People are going to give up on MSN !!! I know i will shortly !!! lol But hard because 90% of my friends use MSN so...

hehe :p

Reaction score
*Kicks MSN

Bloody thing has kicked me off again, this is getting stupid, half way through a conversation and then the box goes grey, and displays a message telling me the following,

"Sorry MSN is being crap at the moment, we would like to apologise to our users but we don't really care so please wait a few more hours to use our software.....Blah...."

Anyway,

:)

Chris,

Reaction score
OK, I will stop pestering the IT guys at work, to fix it.
I thought it was something to do with our systems, as my MSN works fine at home. :blush:

No wonder I hear them saying, 'oh no, she is here again' when I walk in the room.

Reaction score
Yeah MSN's down at the mo, who cares really... its usually back up within 24 hours or so... Just went into the other room and sat with family for a while watched TV etc etc...

Now, Imrie...

1) I don't know what your problem is, but mine only cut out at about 5 or 6 pm, not 12am!

2) There is NO need to get arsey at other users, OK. I know your life revolves around all this but don't get *too* depressed over it.

3) Foul language will get you no-where.

Oh and this may be OT a bit, but Zetnet opened it's doors to customers in August of 1994 - not 2000 like you **tried** to make me believe - and we were their 87th customer, joining shortly after their creation i would imagine one of the first internet surfing familes in our area at the time. Was told this by the director of the technical department, the guy who MADE the company.

p.s. whats with the avatar?? lol!

Reaction score
Postill,

*Slap.

My life does not revolve around MSN, i just get annoyed at it going offline while im in a convo.

The ZetNet thing has gone and passed ages ago anyway so thats a bit OT and old news already... arsey at other users, where, prove it... and lastly shouldn't you be in bed by now :)

I thought you were sick Postill, that would be why you went home early to skive ICT with Helen.

Chris,

*My avatar rocks, i couldn't be bothered with Barbie, or GamerNetworkz, so i made a PCR one, better than urs don't u think :)

Reaction score
*What kind of a man slaps imrie!

chrisimrie said:
We all know this by now
Came across as a tad unpolite.

It's only history because you know i'm right.

As for the avatar, i don't think. If you do, start a poll. I'm sure that would attract many voters.

As for going home, yeah i don't feel great, but i'm dosed up on whatever it was, and i got some caffeine down my neck. Besides i'm off to bed now anyway.

Getting into arguments on here isn't the best idea - i'm not going to continue this further. Feel free to at college, but i'm not in the mood for it.

Goodnight.

Reaction score
Tata Postill..

Have a good sleep and you might not pick holes in posts tomorrow :)

See you in ICT

Chris,

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
OK, FWIW, my daughter's been complaining she can't connect today.

If you run XP, 6 or 7 critical updates ready to install right now.....
I got 10 ... didn't anybody get my memo ... its MSs' big update day Tuesday 8th Feb

:p

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

With 2 MSN addicts at home my system is always going haywire. I know this won't be popular but I am not a great fan. Gives me some peace/PC access when MSN is down. Actually, you guys have helped me cos the young-uns have accused me of 'blocking' the MSN in recent days which I haven't but neither did I have an explanation. I do now!!!

Gabriella x

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Dear Gabriella,

If the PC be their own I wouldn't worry, when it grinds to a halt wait a week before you 'fix' it. ;)

If the PC be a 'shared' system ... I'm sorry. :p

:blush:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Someone I know studies at the University of Glasgow and there no student is allowd to use MSN as it is blocked by their server. Does this explain anything?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The only one I know they can use and are using is Yahoo Messenger

Ask a Question