Making Wanadoo broadband wireless

Reaction score
Hi,
i have just upgraded to wanadoo broadband and would now like to make it wireless so i can use the internet on the PC and Laptop.

Is there any way i can without actually having to subscribing to wanadoo wireless and getting the livebox.

Someone has mentioned to me something about purchasing a router, but there are so many on the market i would't know where to start, and also if it would be compatible with the broadband modem provided by wanadoo.

Help!!!!! What would you suggest?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Kajal,

I have just installed a wireless router for a mate using wanadoo broadband - I used a Belkin ADSL Wireless Router, and made the connection without the using the modem supplied by wanadoo.

I followed the belkin setup, plugged in the relevant wire from the phone line to the router and router to the PC and was up and running in 5 minutes.

Just make sure when you setup the wireless side that you hide your SSID and encrypt to stop any neighbours getting a free ride!;)

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Hi Kajal,

I have just installed a wireless router for a mate using wanadoo broadband - I used a Belkin ADSL Wireless Router, and made the connection without the using the modem supplied by wanadoo.

I followed the belkin setup, plugged in the relevant wire from the phone line to the router and router to the PC and was up and running in 5 minutes.

Just make sure when you setup the wireless side that you hide your SSID and encrypt to stop any neighbours getting a free ride!;)
Any idea which router bcoz belkin have loads??

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, it was the Belkin F5D7632uk4 54mbps ADSL wireless router - costs around £70.

Ask a Question