making a gaming system (?)

Reaction score
Hi all ,
I am lookin to make a high end gaming system for the next generation of games that will be appearing on the market shortly.
I am fairly new to the home build side of things and was wondering if u guys with alot more experience than me could cast your eye over my prospective new PC . Is everything compatable and will this machine work solidly and robustly whilst offering me a GREAT gaming experience? All tips and help will be greatly appriciated on this matter , thanks in advance

CHIPSET
Abit IC7 MAX 3 Intel 875P Chipset Pentium 4 Dual SATA RAID, Dual DDR 400, AGP Pro 8X
MOBO
Intel® Pentium® 4 3.2GHz (800MHz) Hyper threading 512K cache oem
GRAPHICS CARD
Asus GF FX5900 V9950 UltraTD 256MB DDR 8x AGP CineFX™ 2.0 +DVI +TV-out Retail
MEMORY
Geil® Golden Dragon 1.0GB PC3200 Dual Channel DDR Kit (2x512MB) 400MHz
HARDDRIVE(S)
160 GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 7200rpm 8MB cache HDD
CD WRITER
Sony 52x24x52 IDE BURN proof oem + software
DVD PLAYER
Sony 16x DVD Drive IDE Retail
FLOPPY
1.44MB 3.5" FDD Sony
SOUNDCARD
SoundBlaster Audigy2 Platinum 6.1 EX Surround sound
CASE
ThermalTake Xaser III Silver Aluminum +Window Case (V2000A) c/w 7x fans +USB/Firewire + LCD temp diplay NO PSU
PSU
Global Win Super Silent 520W Dual fan PSU +temp. control +active PFC 22dBA
NETWORK CARD
Intel Express Pro 100mb LAN adapter OEM

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All looks good to me except maybe the Geil memory, it's had mixed reviews, some good, some bad.

Perhaps consider Corsair memory or if overclocking is not an issue, Crucial.

Also maybe look into the Philips range of sound cards as an alternative to the Audigy. That's just my personal preference though, the Audigy is a fine card.

Other than that, looking good. Should make a good gaming machine.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You need some speakers … and if you’re going to use the 7 fans on the case, you had, like me, better be deaf. :crazy:

I agree with Flops on the memory.

Otherwise a good-looking system.

Reaction score
thanks guys , was toying between corsair and geil . After reading a couple of review the corsair wins .
hehe as regards 7 fans that is an issue i totally overlooked.Will have to think on that !!

thnx again :bow:

Ask a Question