Windows XP Low Memory?

Reaction score
I can't understand why i get a "can't perform operation, low memory" message when i try to play music or watch videos. I never used to get this message before i had my pc taken back to get fixed from a virus. The bloke installed XP professional where as it used to have Home. My ram is 512 so there is no reason it should say this especially when i have no other applications open taking up the memory. I also find that the games are much more jumpy aswell?

I couldn't think of anything apart from the guy at the pc store has thieved my ram... Any help???

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Press the Window Key and Pause Break key, that will show you how much ram you have.

What CPU/Motherboard are you using?

Reaction score
512 ram still but i don't know how to check what motheboard i have. I tried to get onto sytem infomation but it didnt have enough memory to open that lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds like you have too many programs loading up on startup, some of them don't sound like they are doing any good!

Click "START" then "RUN" and type : "msconfig" and click OK

then

Click "Startup" in this new window and tell us all of the names in the lefthand column, we will be able to get rid of some things loading that are no longer needed :)

Ask a Question