Subject: Desktop fail on Windows XP Home
From: "Ed (e-mail address removed)"
<[email protected]> Sent: 11/28/2003
6:14:08 PM

I have completely lost my desktop. I have no Start
button, Taskbar nor any icons showing. I have gone into
error reporting, nothing shows. I have been able to
access all of my programs directly via the task manager,
but it's a pain in the *?*!. I have used system Restore,
but have had no success. I usually don't have this big a
problem trying to figure out what has happened, with all
the help windows gives me; but this one has me stumped.
HELP!!
..

Subject: Re: Desktop fail on Windows XP Home
From: "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]"
<[email protected]> Sent: 11/28/2003 6:36:54
PM

Ed,

Bring up task manager and then do a File ... New Task...
and enter explorer.exe /systray
This should reinitialize the desktop. If it does not
then you have some
serious problem

Mike
--