Logitech "Trackman Wheel" Mouse

Reaction score
The trackman wheel mouse is one of the best mouses in my opinion. Its extremely comfy in your hands. it has a red trackball on the thumb where it sits in a hole. It sits on 3 lil metal pegs inside the hole. The buttons and wheel for scrolling are very nice. It is also a Gray color very nice also it has rubber pads so you dont move the mouse when you get excited while playing. When i purchased this mouse prob about 2 years ago it was $50.00 usd Now you can get it for $30.00 usd.

Pros- very comfy for long gaming sessions and you dont have to move your hand. This mouse is very ideal for Counter-strike and other first person shooters alike. Personally ifthis one broke i would buy another i would never go back to moving the mouse around again. also my version the older one has nice red leds around the thumb ball very nice for dark situations.

Cons- Gets dirty very fast but cleaning process is 2 minutes at most. If you unplug the mouse while in windows you sometimes have to restart the computer. Takes lots of practice but then you will be very good at using it.

My rating of this mouse Would be a 4 out of 5. the only reason not a 5 is because of how many times you half to clean it but when you game its outstanding very Smooth.

Hopefully someone has this same mouse the can comment on other features i didnt mention.( first lil review )

Attachments

• DSC04234.JPG
    DSC04234.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,568
Last edited:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I like your review CSUnited14. I'm even tempted to try out a trackball-type mouse.

What do you mean it gets dirty quickly? do you mean the trackball, the mouse housing, buttons etc.

Reaction score
Cache-man said:
I like your review CSUnited14. I'm even tempted to try out a trackball-type mouse.

What do you mean it gets dirty quickly? do you mean the trackball, the mouse housing, buttons etc.

theres like metal pegs inside the round whole that holds the red ball. It sits on those and it gets the metal pegs dirty just form use likegunk i dunno what to call it lol. Its like the stuff when you clean the older mouses that you half to twist that lil circle thing off the bottom and it has the dirty stuff on the things inside. Ill add 2 pictures to show youthe metal pegs. But the dirtness Wouldnt stop me from buying this wounderful mouse.

hopefully that tells you. Thanks for the compliament by the way.

Attachments

• DSC04238.JPG
    DSC04238.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,116
  • DSC04237.JPG
    DSC04237.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 22,755

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I always thought that trackmice would be uncomfotable for gameing, i guess im used to moving my hand around so much.
Good review!

Reaction score
Hey Cs, I think I have the newr version, mine does not have the cool red light you have. But Its supposed to be an optical track ball mouse. so no internal wheels to get dirty... By the looks of yours I'd say they were the same , I can see the black dots on the red ball the the mouse usues fro tracking. Anyways I agree, I love this mouse, it took about a solid week to get used to, but I recomend it to all..... Especially if you have wrist problems, (THERE IS NO WRIST MOVEMENT_ JUST THUMB, INDEX AND MIDDLE FINGER) Plus its design actually allows your to rest your hand on it , in its natural curl.
Used it for two years now, no complaints. --------- Though I've never had to clean it, I'm actually scared to look in their now :/

Attachments

• trac mouse.jpg
    trac mouse.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 825
Reaction score
Yea take a look lol you can just pull the ball out no problems if it doesnt work when you put the ball back in just barley shake the mouse till it starts working again But yea my friend has that new one there the same in every way just no lights odd.

Reaction score
I have the same mouse but cordless and agree with every thing above,yes the only problem is i have to clean it every couple of days but it takes me 30 seconds at the most (Raje must have the cleanest hands on the planet) got mine 4 months ago from E-Buyer £24:85. If this one broke i also would get another one.

Reaction score
You have a cordless one really do you have a link to where i can get one i hate the cord :p and by the way have you tried it with the cord is there any issues when playing games like glitching mouse just like goes hay wire?? let me know please

Reaction score
Hi CS you will find it at www.ebuyer.com quick find code 41454 it may be worth a look around to see if you can find one a bit cheaper,good luck.
I haven't used it for gameing but it is very responsive.

Reaction score
Guys, I did get the ball out, a quick tug and it came loose. It was fairely dirty in there, though I cleaned it with a quick balst of air. Definately not more than 30 seconds to take ball out clean and replace.

Ball rolls smoother now, so I'll have to remember to clean it occasionally. I don't know if i have the cleanest hands on the planet though.....But i think I do tend to wash myhands before I sit down to the computer. It must be an odd habit from work. I have a bottle of hand sanitizer at my work desk at all times. People here can be gross.

Ask a Question