Kingston or Corsair?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I was wondering which company makes better gaming memeory? I was thinking of getting the Kingston HyperX series memory, but if there are better ones i would like to know, perhaps in the 512Mb range.

Kye

Reaction score
i think corsair are better, because of there customer support. otherwise i think the XMS range and the kingston HyperX are on par. but, i dont know.

price-wise, corsair are alot cheaper as well. and corsair are everywhere, so availability is always good.
buut, since ive only used corsair value, and never touched kingston, i can only tell ya what i know from other peoples experiences.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have used both and I prefer Corsair to Kinston. Currently I am using the Corsair XMS Low lLatency CAS2 512 MB Ram in my main rig and it is working flawlessly since about 18 months. If Corsair is cheaper it would be foolish to go for Kingston as Kye already mentioned that they are at par.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
All you need, briefly speaking, are high performance memory chips, most likely from Samsung or Hynix.

Who then puts these on a stick is irrelevant ... Kingston or Corsair.

;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Everyone is clean bowled by Mucks - back to pavilian :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They're both good. Corsair is cheaper. I like Corsair. As Mucks said as well, it all depends on the chips fitted.

May as well go with Corsair and save a few pennies :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Cool, Where do you recomend that i get them? Perferabley from a store if possible, a american store if possible. Mostly since British Pounds are worth more that dollars, which means that it would cost more to buy it from yall.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Boy was i right about it being expensive... I was thinking of getting Corsair XMS3200LL Pro TwinX (2 x 512Mb) 1GB Dual Channel Pack from Overclockers.co.uk as i figure it dident look too bad, price wise, until i did a price converion. 221 pound converts to $397.80:eek: , ughh... thats alot of money here in the U.S.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ehh... I dont think ill ever buy things from England (or anything in pounds). American memory is soooo much cheaper. what i mean is that the pound price is pretty much half the price of the american price
cant really find anything in my price range. But Im not complaining, im speaking my mind. :D

Last edited:

Ask a Question