Just got a P4 1.8A

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yay :D A processor upgrade finally! I decided to go the Intel route this time, as I am building a secondary machine for my sister (based on an AMD CPU).

I am just waiting on the RAM at the moment, but as soon as that is here, I should have an easily overclockable CPU :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing how you get on with that. And whether it actually feels like 1.8 compared to an AMD.

And temps should be interesting.

Wondering - what board and RAM did you go for?

Reaction score
YAY !!!! Ian you got a P4, I can o/c my P 2.26ghz to just over 3.4ghz with a Tornado hsf, but i added 2 extra fans.

There if you can afford it, either go for DDR400 if you have the SIS 648 chipset or DDR333 if you have the SIS 645 or 645DX chipset.

Don't buy PC266 as there is hardly any speed increase over PC100 SDRAM. I hope you chose either an MSI or Abit board but none of the Intel chipsets.

According to Amd3D.com The P4 2ghz upwards are faster and more reliable that the Athlon XP 2200

http://www.amd3d.com/CPU3D/index.shtml#newsitem1027477575,2445,

Intel pushes faster for new Pentium 4
Posted by OLDMAN on July 24, 2002

Good Luck and welcome to the Dark Side - Intel
You wont regret it :) :)

Ask a Question