Java!!

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question.

I need to learn java, but i dont want to run linux or anything, had enough of that at uni. Im running windows xp, is there some kinda of java compiler etc which i can download? Not sure what version or anything. I guess i can just use notepad etc to enter the code, just need some idea of what i download to compile and run etc.

Thanks.

Reaction score
dont use netbeans it sucks....i highly recommend using eclipse it is extreamy user friendly

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i haven't used anything else becuase thats what we were given by our teacher, i haven't had any problems with it but i haven't had much of a chance to really use it

Reaction score
Hey.... what's wrong with Linux :p :D :D :D

But to answer your question about Windows..... :) ......
Im running windows xp, is there some kinda of java compiler etc which i can download?
------------------------
http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs...5.0_05-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language
jdk-1_5_0_05-windows-i586-p.exe 57.49 MB

FWIW .... if you DO decide to try Linux, I've written down a few notes here:
http://www.usalug.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7621

(I'm still learning Java :) )

Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the replys, it took you long enough!! :) Just kidding. I was actually think earlier today that i would like to learn a bit of java, i never got round to it before. Ooops. So this is kinda spooky.

Anyway, is there a general concensus about the programme to use etc.? Is the sun website the best place to down load java? Its all so confusing. :-(

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey,

Thanks for the replys, it took you long enough!! :) Just kidding. I was actually think earlier today that i would like to learn a bit of java, i never got round to it before. Ooops. So this is kinda spooky.

Anyway, is there a general concensus about the programme to use etc.? Is the sun website the best place to down load java? Its all so confusing. :-(

Yes..... SUN is JAVA ;) no matter what operating system your using, SUN is definately the best place to go to get Java.

Ask a Question