Is there a PC equivalent of the Mac Mini?

Reaction score
The new Mac Mini is very tasty but for various legacy reasons I'm still a slave of billg. :blush: I'm looking around for a PC equivalent of the Mac Mini - it doesn't need to be too powerful, as I'll only be using it for business purposes (web browsing, running MS Office etc) and playing games isn't on the agenda. Can anyone suggest a suitable off-the-shelf mini PC?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Mac Mini is a unique product and hence it has gained popularity. It is the smallest as far as form factor is concerned and there is no product on the market quite like it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Are you looking for a simple PC that you can connect to your TV? Cheap, light on power, but very handy?

If so, there are quite a few legacy PC based options which would no doubt suit your need, but they would have different functionality to the Mini Mac.

It might be worth taking a look at the Shuttle Mini PCs, as they often have an onboard TV out which you could hook straight up to your TV with a few extra components (Around £400 for a moderately powerful machine I'd guess).

Reaction score
Hi ChrisO!
firstly, you can bet your bottom dollar, that just about E V E R Y PC manufacturer, will be bending their finger nails to breaking point, trying to get their version of a Mac mini into the shops as quickly as possible.....they already have small HD's (thank Laptop) and the other bits aint too big, with the exception of Graphic's Cards and Motherboards. Still, MacApple did it first (as is often the case) so, the others will soon be doing it. Wait a little while.........

Reaction score
Intel announced something similar to the MacMini at the IDF, but when and where and how it will come out is unclear...

Ask a Question