Is my PC really on standby, or pretending?

Reaction score
Hello all...

It is xmas day, and i have received a Logitech Media Play Mouse (blue)

As most of you know i only use laptops! And, i have set it that when i shut the lid, it goes on standby.

But, when i leave the receiver for my mouse in the laptop's USB port, and close the lid, insted of the power light fading very slowly on, and then very slowly off again, like it does when it is in standby, it flashed very fast on and off, it has never done this before!

If i remove the receiver from the port, the HD light flashes like it doeswhen the PC is doing something, and the Power light comes on, so the PC turnes itself on again when it is removed.

If i remove it before i shut the lid, all is fine, but if i leave it in, all is not!

Is the PC actually in standby, or not?

I cannot see anywhere where it tells me what this meens.

I leave the laptop in standby often, and do not want to remove the receiver before i do every time. any suggestions / comments will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

KGB

Reaction score
I have now descovered that it is showing that the PC can be awoken by moving the mouse.
As, if you move the mouse, it will wake up!

Thanks Anyway.

KGB

Ask a Question