In car power adaptor

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a in-car power adaptor for a dell inspiron 510m

Does anyone know where i can get one?

KGB

Reaction score
You can get 12v "fag lighter" to 240V plug socket adapters for about £30 now, i've got a Belkin one, saved me spending more on the official car adapter for my lappy.

Reaction score
I like it... Lappy!

I have looked in to them, but i have only found them for £75.00 and i thought that they would drain the car battery down very quickley, is ths true?

Where did you get yours?

Thanks,
KGB

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit I bought it from PC World. I was in deepest North Scotland and desperate for power though, please forgive me. :blush:

Reaction score
i would assume that you could charge it up while the engine is running so that the battery looses no power...

PC world is ok if you are dragged along curtain shopping with your parents at some retail park and you go in there when your parents go in i dunno "the curtain shop" and you can play on all the computers that have games on them (pretending to be interested in buying of course)...

i agree its good if you need stuff in a hurry and cant wait around.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
PC world is ok if you are dragged along curtain shopping with your parents at some retail park and you go in there when your parents go in i dunno "the curtain shop" and you can play on all the computers that have games on them (pretending to be interested in buying of course)...
Did this happen to you by any chance? i can't find it on the PC World website

i have found a few special laptop adaptors in Dabs (www.dabs.com) none of them say they are compatable with my laptop, maybe because my laptop is new, i have emailed the manufactorers to see if it will work.

Thanks, im still looking if you have any more suggestions.

KGB

Reaction score
Yes it has - one more than one occasion.

I think i can safly say - because of this, thank god for PC World!

Reaction score
He, he!

When i last went in all you could do on the computers was look at the specs of other computers, have they put games on them then???

What game? FS2004?

KGB!

Reaction score
theres usually about 2 that have games loaded on... i remember last time there was 2 - Medal Of Honour: Allied assault and another was a rally game and they even had a steering wheel hooked up to it!

Reaction score
he he,

I hve found a couple of n car power adaptors, but none seem to be compatable with my laptop,

KGB

Reaction score
you should beaable to use any power convertor that jump from 12v to 240v

just make sure u only use if when car is running

Reaction score
GONNA-GET-U said:
you should be able to use any power convertor that jump from 12v to 240v

just make sure you only use it when car is running
KGB-911 said:
...not compatable...
when i said ths i was talking about the special laptop in car adaptors.

Reaction score
why dont you just pick up one of those things that you plug into the 12v socket in your car and on the other end you have a regular household 3 pin 240v AC plug and THEN plug your laptop adaptor into that. the bonus is it can be used for anything not just laptops...

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
why dont you just pick up one of those things that you plug into the 12v socket in your car and on the other end you have a regular household 3 pin 240v AC plug and THEN plug your laptop adaptor into that. the bonus is it can be used for anything not just laptops...
I think i am going to, i only wanted one of the other kind so that i can use it while the engine is off, an it wont drain the battery.

I have found one, pretty expensive

(Click HERE to see it)

Do you know where i can get a cheaper one?

Thanks, KGB

Ask a Question