Imminent failure on my HDD!

Reaction score
What can I do?

The problem is: it's partitioned into 2 disks (20Gb fpr C and 40 Gb for E) and the second one's got 39 Gb of music!!!!:eek:

I haven't run Skandisk or anything yet... I'm ordering a new one right now!

Kortex

Reaction score
Hi,

Too late! I got this message of imminent disk failure a week ago. It was my slave drive D but last WE, after I've transfered all my data from D to C/E (my master drive) I was the victim of a power surge apparently and C/E broke down before I had time to transfer everything onto a new hard drive that I got last Friday...

Without a CD burner, I've never saved my data so I've lost several months, maybe a few years of data...

On a discussion board, I've been suggested to buy exactly the same HD in order to extract the engine from it and mount it onto the old one. Tonight, my teacher in A+ said to me that usually when a power surge occurs, the data are corrupted...

I was banking on that last possibility given that recovering these data from a company would cost me £750!!! Unthinkable...

Kortex

Ask a Question