Immersive VR set to raise £6m

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Immersive VR Education, a previous Siliconrepublic.com Start-up of the Week, was founded by husband and wife team David and Sandra Whelan. It has attracted top global talent to work on some of the most compelling titles in VR today.

These include a realistic recreation of the Apollo 11 space mission to the moon in 1969 as well as a faithful rendering of the Titanic that allows users to explore the wreck in VR.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/start-ups/immersive-vr-education-ipo

Wish they had had this stuff when I was at school :cool:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I really like the Microsoft HoloLens, augmented reality is going to be big. Maybe not now because it's expensive, but one day.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's an awesome idea. I guess it depends on what learning technique helps each student, but I've always been more of a hands-on learner - I'm rubbish at just learning from books, but if I get involved it sticks in my brain. I imagine this would be a very effective teaching tool :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I would love to see the "realistic recreation of the Apollo 11 space mission to the moon in 1969" .

If it was done really well and you could get decent internet then all schooling could be done at home including interaction with the teacher. Great for folk who live in remote areas. :cool: