Im in OZ

Reaction score
Good morning all, im now in sydney. Its winter here so was only 29 Degrees yesterday!!

My laptop found a wireless connection in my mates block of flats that im staying in which is good, people should secure their networks eh?!!

Have a quick question, my mate has a secured wireless network in her flat, and i can see it full strength and i know the encryption key thing. But when i put it in it still cant connect to it. Its an apple mac that she uses. Are there differnent routers for mac/pc? If so, how come i can see it etc? Was thinking of going to buy a cat 5 network cable and hard wiring it and see if it works. Is it likely to?!!

Bodhi.

P.S. The bugs here are massive!!

Reaction score
alrite mate!!!

or should it be good aye!

glad to know uve arrived safely
29 there? wow thats hotter than uk and tis almost summer here!

and u got free net? lucky git!!!!!!!!!!

right abt ur key, are u sure ur typing it in correctly ie all caps or lowercase?
from what i know the wireless network should have 3-4 different keys
ive found here that it only connects when i use key1

hope this helps

well keep in touch.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Bodhi

Glad you made it safely to Oz - are you there for long?? What are you doing (working/travel etc....????)

As I write this, it's just turned midnight here and it's been quite cold here today and quite wet, can even imagine what 29 degrees feels like - does it ever get that warm here?

Keep us posted with your adventures.

Good night!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
29 Degrees is probably the hottest its ever been in britain, although, im just guessing, im no weather man!!

Yeah, free broadband at the moment, but a weak signal. I just guessed her key was her name, she didnt know what it was cause a friend set her up. It tries to connect and then just goes back to the page with all the available networks.

Any answers out there?

Oh, and i will keep u up to date. Im here for at least 8 months. Travelling and partying, should be good.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Good to hear from you again from Oz :D Glad you are having a good time.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Good Day Cobber

Glad your enjoying the sunshine out there..and free internet eh you naughty boy..:D

sorry i can't help you on the wireless problem

Reaction score
Been to Australia many times and each time I have been I always somehow end up in Sydney. Amazing place. So clean compared to London anyway and the Harbour Bridge is stunning and if I had to recommend anything in Sydney it would be to walk to the top of the bridge. WOW!! I did it in the morning had to keep up very early but seeing the sunrise over Sydney is something I will never forget. Was exhausting climbing it, didn’t do much for the rest of the day loll.

Sorry cant help with your problem just have to give you a recommendation or anyone else who is going Australia. Going back this summer, its going be my 6th time of going and probably will end up going Sydney manly because that’s were my plane is leaving from lol.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
G' Day mate :)

Good to see you're having a good time, send a little dispatch our ways now and again :)

Ask a Question