Windows XP icon problem!

Reaction score
im having this problem everytime i click MY COMPUTER....i cant see my icon for my DVD drive..does anybody know why this happening and how can i solve this problem?? i provided an image below...tnx!

getfullview.php

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
An odd one, that. Does the drive work OK? What is your IDE Device setup? Presumably the DVD Drive is a slave to your hard disk's master. Are the jumpers set correctly? Is the IDE cable pushed home firmly?

And what, really, do you need a CD-ROM drive for when the other two optical drives will perform the same function?

I'd seriously consider ditching the CD-ROM drive and just using the DVD-ROM drive and CDRW on the same IDE port (IDE 2, preferably) as master and slave.

If you need further explanations, ask away.

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm....let me think first for the answers for all of ur questions..lol

Reaction score
i'd just say that the icon has been accidently removed from the windows database if it is different to the 2 others that display correctly.

Right click, refresh?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Your A: and C: icons don't look like the usual? Did you use an application to change this? If so, it looks like that is the problem!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Techy said:
thats what i meant by the windows theme ian.
Ah, of course :) I didn't realise it was a complete theme until I saw the background!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't notice there was a theme used, makes my rambling reply appear not too good ;)

Well spotted lads, I'd agree that's probably the problem.

Reaction score
ok gonna try to re apply the theme ...iyl just post whatever results i get...tnx!!

Ask a Question