how do i find out what kind of motherboard i have?

Reaction score
I Have a 1.8G Dell dimension 4400 with a P4 and was wondering what kind of motherboard i have.Ive looked in the mauel and all i found under the specs was

System chipset Intel 845D

If anyone could help me out it would be appreciated thanks in advance)

Reaction score
Email Dell and give them the serial number of the PC.

The should probably tell you

chris

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a link to a freebie computer diagnosis software package, it's very good.

The freebie version will tell you a lot of information about your hardware, and will probably be able to identify the Motherboard. Not absolutely sure, but it's a very worthwhile piece of software to have anyway.

SisSoftSandra 2004 freebie

Reaction score
also another program called belarc advisor - freebie

3Dmark also tells you that stuff if you have it

wow am nearing 100 post mark

Reaction score
safezone you obviously chose dell over other computer manufacturers, why? one of the reasons should have been the excellent support thats present on their website, find your service tag (usually located on a sticker on the side of the machine) and follow the below link, this will tell you everything you need to know about your machine.

just here mate!

all the best

james

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Techy - best advice so far mate :)

You can tell I know bugger-all about Dell machines :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, the Dell service tag stuff is a really good idea! Perfect for businesses etc...

You can get the correct BIOS updates, patches, specs and support all from a service tag. Perhaps not much help to an advanced user, but great if you aren't sure what to do.

Reaction score
Perhaps not much help to an advanced user, but great if you aren't sure what to do.

or a lazy advanced user!

whether your and advanced user or not the best thing about the Dell service on the web is the BIOS updates, they used modified motherboards and BIOS's so getting BIOS updates from anywhere else would be suicide! i very much doubt that the recovery procedure would work because of the difference in BIOS strings.

:)

Ask a Question