Hey Quad - this any good?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nikon 8700

I've suddenly got a hankering to upgrade my Canon Powershot A40 to something a little better and this Nikon caught my eye. It's a tad expensive though, £550.00 on Amazon plus I'd need a case and a large memory card.

Have you had any experience of this model or perhaps somebody in that Nikon club you're in has used one?

Any input apreciated :)

And while I'm on the subject, anybody out there care to give a view on what my two year old Canon A40 would sell for? Original box, all documentation, software CD, USB Lead, original 8Mb memory card and three x Crucial 64Mb memory cards. Cost me £230.00 + the cost of the three cards way back then, I realise it is probably worth considerably less than that now.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Nikon 8700

I've suddenly got a hankering to upgrade my Canon Powershot A40 to something a little better and this Nikon caught my eye. It's a tad expensive though, £550.00 on Amazon plus I'd need a case and a large memory card.

Have you had any experience of this model or perhaps somebody in that Nikon club you're in has used one?

Any input apreciated :)

Flops,

If you know how to close your eyes, do it? Next step, buy it! :D

Flops this is the best 8MP prosumer model you can buy, period. If I was not familiar with the particular model I would not be saying all this to you. Trust me.

Happy shooting!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
On the other hand if you do not want to spend 550 you can consider Olympus C-8080WZ which is my second choice when it comes to 8MP cameras. It is priced at around 460 quids.

Ask a Question