Help: Screen Will Not Turn On

Reaction score
Hi, I have WINXP with AMD ATHLON 1800+ processor. when i run the processor at 1150mhz its fine the screnn comes on however if I put the processor clock on 133/133 making it 1800+ then the screnn will not turn on plz help with suggestions!!! My Grapics card is GeForce 2 400MX

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The true clock speed of an 1800+ is 1.53 GHz ... now if your setting yours at 133/133 that means your running your CPU AND memory at 133 ... now that is correct for the CPU but what memory are you using ... try a setting of 133/100.

Better still tell me what motherboard are you using?

muckshifter

Reaction score
uh oh ... one of them

Ok ... if you have your memory in the black slots then you will need to set the BIOS to 133/100 ... if you’re lucky it will work, 'cos the earlier ECSs were not too good. I think they're on rev 4 now?

You need to get DDR memory (for the blue slots)

Those boards are 'cheap' and are made by PCChips (they make rubbish boards) Sorry :(

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new Motherboard and processor begining of Next year can u suggest a good one.???

muckshifter

Reaction score
I only build AMD … haven’t done an Intel system for years, but my favourite is the MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR (nForce2 Ultra 400) or if you don't intend going with SATA the plane Delta-L will do.

Another contender is the Asus A7N8X-Deluxe; another board based on nVidia’s nF2 chipset … that chipset is still one of the fastest around.

Always build your system around the best board you can buy ... it will save you money and headache in the long run. ;)

Reaction score
Thankz but I don't exactly know about inside of computers that much I know a little but what you just said I didn't understand. Also I tried to run my computer 133/100 but it wasn't a option only 100/133 is there a way so it says 133/100???? and another question can I just upgrade the motherboard but it self at first then the other stuff or won't it work????

muckshifter

Reaction score
I tried to run my computer 133/100 but it wasn't a option only 100/133 is there a way so it says 133/100?
Let me check on Monday when I can have a look at the MB book in my workshop, but it should work either way ... it really depends on what memory & CPU you are using.

Open up your case; tell me if the memory is in the blue or black slots. You don't need to touch anything, just look. ;)

Download This program install and run it, it will give you all the information we need. :D

As for 'upgrading the MB' I'm afraid it really depends on the CPU & memory ... CDs, HDs & floppy drive will not be a problem, but, you may need a new graphics card ... if we can get this working properly then there should be no real need for an 'upgrade' just yet. :brow:

Reaction score
Its in the Blue slot!!! And I downloaded that program what do you need to know!!! Also to make you work a little harder. My grapics card has a TV-OUT with i have connected to my TV I can only look at the TV when I unplug my monitor how do I split it to look at both????

Reaction score
When I switched it on 2day the screen came on so it may be healed!!! Also do you know about the split thing???

Ask a Question