Help : PC reboots during gameplay

Reaction score
This week I upgraded to a new system and since then I cannot properly play games like Prince of Persia Warrior Within, NFS Underground 2 :(

While playing UG2, sometimes it runs fine, and sometimes the pc simply reboots itself :mad:
While playing POP Warrior Within, it just plain hangs after a few seconds.
After rebooting XP, the send error report dialog pops up and says that the error lies in my sisgrv.dll file. Any stable driver released ?

My PC configuration is as follows :
AMD Athlon 2800+ 64 bit
Asus motherboard K8X MS
RAM 384 MB DDR
8x AGP 128 MB Onboard Shared (SiS 651_661FX_741_760_760GX_M661FX_M661MX_M741_M760_M760GX)
(Ram is 512, out of which 128 is allotted to onboard AGP, hence 384 MB RAM left for use)
Directx 9c
Win XP Professional

Can't afford a separate AGP, but I guess the onboard AGP should work fine.

Is there any way I can make these games play on my PC. Please Help.

Attachments

• DxDiag_14_April_2005.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 311

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
You really need to buy a graphics card, you cant expect to play newish games with an onboard gfx card. Its asking way too much.

You should check out an Ati Radeon 9800Pro. You should be abel to pick one up for around £100 delivered and these cards will handle alot. If you cant quite stretch to £100, then you could always check out eBay for either an Ati Radeon 9700pro or an Nvidia FX5700 or above. I would expect to pay around £70 for a 9700pro delivered.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
after doing a google search it seems to be a common problem with SIS onboard graphics. try upgrading the drivers of their website

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Or you can sett the graphic level in the games to the lowest and give it a try.

Reaction score
@Reefsmoka : Will try to go for FX 5700 after a month, if its the only way out.

@ME 2001 : Downloaded and applied the latest AGP drivers, now the Prince of Persia refuses to stat at all. :( :(

@Alf : Tried that, UnderGround 2 plays ok :) , but Prince still hangs :mad:

Thank you all for your advise and concern. :)

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
As above ... 8x AGP 128 MB Onboard Shared (SiS 651_661FX_741_760_760GX_M661FX_M661MX_M741_M760_M7 60GX) is a joke ... and comming from an Asus board, is an even bigger joke.

Don't mind me ... I've just got a 'bee in my bonnet' about Asus ... their reputation is being tarnished with these "cheap-n-nasty" MBs they are producing, or should that be, throwing together. :rolleyes:

Reffa' hit the head on the nail. :thumb:

Reaction score
Laptop outperforms the Desktop in gaming

I tried to run POP Warrior Within on my laptop today (DxDiag attached below) and surprisingly ran fine. :confused: :confused:

Now when my Compaq laptop (AMD XP-M 2800+ with ATI Radeon IGP 320M chipset) can run it, why cant my Desktop (64 bit AMD 2800+ Asus board with SiS AGP chipset ) can't run it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whats even more bothering is that my laptop has 64 mb ram dedicated to AGP, so only 192 mb left for windows. And it runs the game, while the Desktop PC with 384 MB ram can't. :mad: :mad:

What I want to know now is that if I change my current ASUS m'board (K8S-MX µATX Chipset SiS760GX + SiS965L) with another one, which one should I go for. Is Sis chipset inferior to ATI one ??

Buying a new AGP would be the last resort. :blush: :blush: Can I possibly get some punch by changing my m'board. :confused:

Please suggest. :)

Reaction score
Forgot to incluse DxDiag of my Laptop :p

Attachments

• DxDiag_Compaq_15_April_2005.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 215

M-1

Reaction score
Well,
you don't have to install new AGP drivers... you must install new graphics drivers!
Try this: uninstall graphics drivers, reboot in safe mode, use driver cleaner to completely remove the video drivers (take a look with google, you should find it easily), reboot, install latest AGP drivers (1.21) then install latest graphics drivers (latest version is 3.67 release 15-04-2005).

If you don't want to follow all the procedure above, try to simply install latest AGP drivers then latest graphic drivers... it should work the same.

Another important thing is check what BIOS version you currently use... ensure you are using the latest one (version 1009)!!

Let us know.

Bye!

Ask a Question