Graphics Card Problems

Reaction score
Hi Every1

I really hope that someone can help me. I have problems with my tv-out card for my pc, I have a Hercules Kyro Based 4500 64mb tv out graphics card and have just purchased a pc-dvd to tv cable kit so i can attach it to my tv, although it works fine the picture is very poor and seems to have a red haze, i'm from the UK so assume that my card should be set to pal not ntsc? Although i'm not sure on this as mine is set to ntsc at the moment, and when I change it to pal it moves my pc screen and worsens the picture.

I am now very confused and have tried everything I know including trying to update my driver.

I really hope someone can help. Its driving me :crazy:

Icklephoenix

Reaction score
yes sir

how is your signal when u plug in a normal television??

where in uk r u? could it not be your pc and it mite be your signal?

check this out m8

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, it should be set to PAL.

Which output from the grafix card are you using?

How are you connecting to your TV? Via a DVD player?

Usually the method is to take composite out from the video card to a scart socket on the TV. Most modern TV's have two scart sockets so you could connect directly to one of them.

Then your DVD player would use the other scart socket. Selection on TV for these channels is usually named AV1 & AV2. If you have a VCR as well, this could work through the aerial socket on the TV or be 'daisy-chained' through the DVD player.

Reaction score
Thanxs loads 4 replying, it didnt give me the answer but it gave me an idea, it's still not right but much better than b4. i have 3 scart sockets at the back of my tv (only 2 say audio/video) n the 1 without is where i had my pc-dvd to tv lead plugged in, so i swapped them around and its better. i still have a problem with the fact that my screen doesnt like 2 b set at PAL as it seems 2 confuse it and shifts the pic 2 the far left of the screen, i have tried 2 alter the settings but this then seems 2 interfere with my software instead (2 big 4 the screen). So if ne1 can help me with this it wld b very appreciated

icklephoenix

Ask a Question