Google Money

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/08/technology/google_salary/index.htm?cnn=yes

I've just read that the google founders are taking a $1 salary for this quarter - but they are "worth" $7.1 BILLION each. This always confuses me when I read things like this... does this mean if they sold all their shares at the current price they would have this amount? (but can't due to reality etc...).

Its hard to imagine that a search engine can be worth so much, but when you think about it, it is the homepage of many people and directs a large flow of traffic from the net.

Reaction score
wait am i reading that incorrectly but it says ONE DOLLAR!!!?

wats that all about?
i feel as if im heading more into insanity......................

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
psd99 said:
wait am i reading that incorrectly but it says ONE DOLLAR!!!?

wats that all about?
i feel as if im heading more into insanity......................

Its mainly because they don't need the "token" $150,000 salary from before, but taking a $1 sounds good. They own so much of the company already that they will be very rich - but $7.1 Billion :eek:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Its mainly because they don't need the "token" $150,000 salary from before, but taking a $1 sounds good. They own so much of the company already that they will be very rich - but $7.1 Billion :eek:

yer ur rite $7.1 billion

thats just crazy
but they came up with a great idea so i guess they r worth it!

Ask a Question