Google don´t show the frame

Kristjan without frame

I have a website with frame. When I use Google to search for words in the web
it only show the page without the frame, which is very bad because in the
frame the user can sign up on an e-mail list. How can I solve this problem?

The web is here:
http://www.interestingworld.info/

Andrew Murray

Yes, as you have found, the disadvantage of frames is that Google will
only index the "content" pages rather than the "frameset" page, if someone
finds a link to a page in your site, they will go to that site (or direct to
that page) rather than to the frameset that loads both the navigation frame
and the main content frame. For example if they search "Iceland" and find
your page "Iceland Underwater", it will only load the "Iceland Underwater
Page" without your left navigation bar.

However instead of using frames (is there any particular reason you are
using them?), you can explorer other alternatives, such as Shared Borders,
or 'include pages'. You might need to re-arrange your navigation to the top
of the page so if the person comes across your site through Google or other
search, they will have the navigation there on the page.

Interesting facts: - Someone driving their car off the jetty into the
harbour - is that a frequent incident, given that you're on the diving
rescue team.....?

;-\

Hope the above advice gives you some direction to consider.

Stefan B Rusynko

That's is one of the pitfalls of frames and search engines
- consider redesigning your site w/o frames
- or rebuild it in dynamic framesets
(see http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/dynamic-frameset.html)

|I have a website with frame. When I use Google to search for words in the web
| it only show the page without the frame, which is very bad because in the
| frame the user can sign up on an e-mail list. How can I solve this problem?
|
| The web is here:
| http://www.interestingworld.info/

Ronx

The best solution is: Do not use frames.
Frames will always give problems to users such as this, and there is
rarely any reason for using Frames at all.

If you must use frames, then JavaScript can be used to switch from the
plain page to a frameset - this will fail if the browser does not
support JavaScript.
See http://irt.org/articles/js190/index.htm for one solution.

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"Kristjan without frame" <Kristjan without