Google’s Chrome OS ... cloud computing

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
In the world of computer technology, we're used to systems loaded with either a Mac OS or a Windows OS. What will Google's newfangled, Linux-kerneled Chrome OS bring to the table?

Luckily, we can answer that question to an extent, even though we haven't seen it in action. Google announced that its operating system will be modest and lightweight, with most of the user experience taking place online. This description suggests something similar to the handful of OSs dedicated to cloud (that is, Web-based) computing that have emerged over the past few years. These cloud OSs most closely resemble souped-up Web sites, with shortcuts to different Web-based apps. In contrast, Chrome OS will be installed directly on a machine's hard drive, with simplified desktop access to Google's own Web applications. You won't store much beyond the Chrome OS kernel on your local drive.

Full story Here

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Clouds , useful as a backdrop for watching buzzards.

As to googles offering I guess you would need a fast connection to make it work so no use to me.

nod.gif

Ask a Question