Windows XP Gmail Notifier

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Gmail notifyer on my PC - it is a good little program...

But can be annoying!

It comes up with a box to ask me for a password every time o boot up my PC. it knowes the password, all i have to do is click OK...

...But it is annoying me, How can i sort it out?

Thanks,

KGB

(see attachment)

It is proberly to let you use a differant account... but i am the olny person who uses this PC

Attachments

• gmail.JPG
    gmail.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 940

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's just part of the program, if you get rid of it you won't be able to access your gmail account without entering your name and password on the gmail site.

You only have to click it once then all the time your computer's on, the program sits in the task bar.

I like that proggie, saves having to go to the gmail site all the time. Gives notifications, too.

If you don't like it, best thing to do is uninstall the program completely, I suppose.

Unless somebody knows how to write a batch command or a little code to bypass it.

Reaction score
I like the program... t is just slightly annoying, if i start up the PC...

Then load a game... 2 mins later, the game will minimize itself... and come up with the box (annoying, because ill be dead then)

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
Hi,

I have Gmail notifyer on my PC - it is a good little program...

But can be annoying!

It comes up with a box to ask me for a password every time o boot up my PC. it knowes the password, all i have to do is click OK...

...But it is annoying me, How can i sort it out?

Thanks,

KGB

(see attachment)

It is proberly to let you use a differant account... but i am the olny person who uses this PC

Do you have any Gmail account
i really want it

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
I like the program... t is just slightly annoying, if i start up the PC...

Then load a game... 2 mins later, the game will minimize itself... and come up with the box (annoying, because ill be dead then)

its probably on your startup menu. try this clickon start>>>>>>>..then run and type in >>>>>>>>>>>>>>'msconfig' now click on the >>>>>>'startup tab'. see if there is anything called Google or something like that and unclick it!!!

i think that should sort it out.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
psd99 said:
its probably on your startup menu. try this clickon start>>>>>>>..then run and type in >>>>>>>>>>>>>>'msconfig' now click on the >>>>>>'startup tab'. see if there is anything called Google or something like that and unclick it!!!

i think that should sort it out.
Yes, it is in there, however, if you un-tick it, it will not run ... though there is nothing stopping you taking it out of there and adding your own 'shortcut' to the desktop. You'll probably still have to 'log-in' though.

I'm quite happy to leave it as it is ... maybe Google will sort it for us one day to auto-login. :thumb:

;)

Reaction score
No...

I want to keep it... i want it to run on startup... i just was wanderng if this problem can be sorted - well, it can't ... so ill just keep it how it is.

Thanks guys

KGB

Reaction score
The program is the way it is. I have been using it for over a year already and it's like you're having it on OR off. Like it or discard it.

The "remember me" check box doesn't really work anyway and yeah, it resets or does not remember you anymore when rebooted. So, this is just a teeny weeny little bit you gotta put up with.

Over all, it is, I think, an indispensable little proggie.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have my Gmail account set to run with Outlook 2003 as a POP 3 service.

It works perfectly, I can send and recieve e-mail from within Outlook using Gmail.

There are instructions on the Gmail site how to do this thing, quite painless to set up, really.

Only niggle I have is that Gmail insists on sending me every message twice, for some reason.

Ask a Question