Gigabyte G-MAX FB2CB v1.0 Review

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Gigiabyte have released a small factor PC system based on the Intel 845G chipset with a micro ATX motherboard incorporating graphics, sound, LAN, floppy drive and a CD-ROM drive all built-in as part of the barebone system package and going for an attractive price, you can't possibly miss checking this review if you are in the market for small / slim form-factor systems:

Summing it all up, we find the G-MAX FB2CB a strong contender to Shuttle's XPC systems with the only weak point being its expansion capabilities and the lack of a reset button. With the G-MAX FB2CB retailing at S$399 bundled with a floppy drive and a 52x CD-ROM drive, we find this to be quite a bargain.

<center>
</center>

Read the review here

Attachments

• overall-flat1.jpg
    overall-flat1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 5,604

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
God, are they still producing this Crap?

I’m must be out of touch, but anyone buying this sort of system wants their head testing. See a shrink.

One 5.25 bay? … Huh! Better change that CDROM drive for a CDRW, and quick.

“Norton Ghost 2002 with user guide” … hey, we’re in the year 2003 boys, Oh and don’t forget to find a supplier of any “Half Height” PCI/AGP cards.

For an Office system that will do your “run-of- the-mill” work … fine and a good price for a “workstation” but for the “home user” … take my advice … DIY. :brow:

Mucks. 8)

Reaction score
I bought the same computer over the Internet at a flea market for 20 bucks. surprisingly, there is very little information about him on the Internet. Do you think you can put a CRT monitor on top of it?

Reaction score
By the way, I got the computer without a cap for the power button. The button itself is there, and it is working, but it is quite inconvenient to press it without a cap. With the lid of the case closed, you have to push a thin stick, like a toothpick, into the hole of the case (where the button cap should be) and press the button. Does anyone know how to replace this cap or what to make a new one out of?
IMG_20240221_224641.jpg

Ask a Question