future-proof intel?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To futureproof, surely a system should be 64 Bit? I didn't see any mention of that in the article.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
When it comes to computers nothing is future proof :) Go back in history and you will know why!

Besides, anything you buy today no matter how advanced becomes obsolete while you are negotiating for it. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
does this mean anyone with a :GA775 motherboard is sorted for life?
Yes indeed ... sorted, for the life of the motherboard ... until the next new thing comes along. :D

Sorry Kye, we just know how the "sales blurb" goes ... AMD nicked a feather out of Intel's cap and Intel are the one playing "catch-up" ... it looks to me as though it's going to take them (Intel) a couple of years to succeed.

Just my honest opinion. ;)

Reaction score
software will get so advanced that LGA775 will become obsolete and they will move onto socket "X" and there will be a hoohaa about woohoo socket "X" then... i dont even need to say it.

everything will become obsolete

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I hope not :D I just grow older with time. :eek:

If you take the Ice Age man into consideration we sure are not obsolete after all these years.

Can you think of a processor or a mobo from today few thousand years later being discovered? I bet no one would recognise it :D

Ask a Question